1.82d

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Also

Post by Gahn »

- Switching objects between the backpack and worn slots will now properly resolve the /use hotkeys for the object(s).

This means we are back to possibly having an arti in inv and put it on and use it every 15 mins?
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Geralt
Emerald Rider

Post by Geralt »

I still don't underestand, why it should be bad to give Warden shield spec and 1.8 spec points/level?

It's not like warden could replace defensive specced Hero - defensive spec Hero is still able to dish damage, thanks to much higher weaponskill he is able to hit enemy with slam much easier not talking about high HP (even more with hunt) and good anti CC abilities.

Now warden could maybe spec shield to 25, sacrificing a bit of something, which is first usefull rvr slam - 8sec from side. With his low weaponskill he will be happy to actualy hit someone before he runs out of end - even with haste and end redux. And because he has to sacrifice something to get to at least 25 shield, he will have or lower end redux, lower haste (and also resists) or lower ws (and so lower chance to hit with shield). Using self end regen isn't that big deal, because then you give up buble, which raises your protection value - if you don't blockguard a friend, you still have chance that your buble will be on. And without Mastery of blocking RA I wouldn't give up buble...

I can see a spec that would make warden a valuable guard/backup healer, protecting fellow druids etc with both shield and healing - but that's at best passive ability that can buy few more seconds, hardly a change that will give a big advantage to wardens group in RVR. We still sucks in term of damage, RA's like TWF are usefull but on timer, so in any a bit longer rvr fight we are basicaly still same, except we can guard a friend a bit better, allowing tanks to maybe assist Blademaster and guard him, leaving rear ranks protection to warden.

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Warden is gonna be the ultimate soloer more or less with these changes. And he is gonna be a better bodyguarder with shield specc

But I thought that warden was a solid class already :)
Grymligast RR9l0 SB Shelved
Mirani RR5l3 Valkyrie In progress
+30 or so more chars.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Imo druids should be able to specc shields. Would be nice to slam and then back off to heal or something. The could still survive without the weapon specc

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Slam druids would be retarded, as if having a pet for interrupts isn't good enough already :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

if you gave that to druids you would have to give it to all healing types, might as well delete all archer classes if you do that.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Xest wrote:Slam druids would be retarded, as if having a pet for interrupts isn't good enough already :p
Actually, I did forget about the pets :)
Aran_Thule wrote:if you gave that to druids you would have to give it to all healing types, might as well delete all archer classes if you do that.
True, you do have a point...but you still smell rotten fish.

Edit: I blame my stupidity on not playing anymore :D

/Ankh

Seventeen
Emerald Rider

Post by Seventeen »

- Vampiir self buffs will now scale in effectiveness from 50% to 100% between the levels 5 and 40.

ok now ...are they going to give vampiir some group utility to balance the nerf of the self buffs?

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Gahn wrote:- Switching objects between the backpack and worn slots will now properly resolve the /use hotkeys for the object(s).

This means we are back to possibly having an arti in inv and put it on and use it every 15 mins?

no, this has to do with a new feature, when you right click/or delve (dont know which it is, you will get an option to grab a macro for /use and /use2 on the item and place on the QB, aparently it bugged at start and if you replace for example a gem that you already had a macro on QB with another gem the macro would not work for it
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Seventeen wrote:- Vampiir self buffs will now scale in effectiveness from 50% to 100% between the levels 5 and 40.

ok now ...are they going to give vampiir some group utility to balance the nerf of the self buffs?
this is dont really understand... from lvl 40-50 do their buffs stay the same as they are now?
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”