RvR atm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Genedril wrote:Well people need to:

a. Be prepared to help.
b. Have siege.
c. Do as they're told.
d. Either listen to the bg leader or have the good grace to leave the /bg.
e. Function as a unit.
f. (possibly most importantly) Have a guild that's prepared to claim the towers & keep.

Watching the disarray in something as simple as most ml /bg's then is this a likely thing? Your best bet is to hope to tag along on some alliances tower/keep take. Then again how many alliances/guilds are actually pro-iRvR & would like to set it up?

a, b and f is enough if you have enough peeps, sure the other helps, but it's just one keep.

if you move fast it's just zerg, but it's because everything goes to slow we don't make it tbh.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

That's where I'd disagree :(. I'd say people don't make it cause 90% of the time they don't do what's asked of them & run off & stuff, they spend more time arguing in the /bg than doing anything constructive & because of that they don't function as a unit.

Add tot that that if c, d, & e isn't being done - who on this fair earth would lead that /bg?? Someone with the patience of a saint. Even poor Aran seems to have run out of that (& I can't say I blame him).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I was in a BG recently that broke down after 1 failed attempt at storming a keep. It had been going quite well despite the usual lack of listening to the leader, etc. We could have gone back and mounted a second attack with a good chance of success (more hibs had joined the fight) but for 1 person flaming the BG leader repeatedly. Everyone got so p'ed off about it that the BG just disbanded on the spot. So lack of respect for the leader really does destroy a BG.

Unfortunately the flamers and back-seat-drivers probably don't read this forum, so our words are wasted :(

It seems as though Hibernia hasn't functioned properly as a realm since cluster. I'm not blaming the Excallies for it, as the flamer mentioned above was a Prydwenite :irked:, but somehow we just don't seem to be able to co-ordinate any more. Pryd/Hib always held it's own because we were better organised than the enemy; it's really sad to see that break down.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

& just to prove me wrong tonight we had a well run bg for keep takes. Though they did seem to prove most of my points (or is that just me trying to justify myself??). I think Shadster started it off; so kudos to him & the excal people that took it over when he vanished in a puff of logic.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

[quote="ambera"]I was in a BG recently that broke down after 1 failed attempt at storming a keep. It had been going quite well despite the usual lack of listening to the leader, etc. We could have gone back and mounted a second attack with a good chance of success (more hibs had joined the fight) but for 1 person flaming the BG leader repeatedly. Everyone got so p'ed off about it that the BG just disbanded on the spot. So lack of respect for the leader really does destroy a BG.

Unfortunately the flamers and back-seat-drivers probably don't read this forum, so our words are wasted :(

It seems as though Hibernia hasn't functioned properly as a realm since cluster. I'm not blaming the Excallies for it, as the flamer mentioned above was a Prydwenite :irked:, but somehow we just don't seem to be able to co-ordinate any more. Pryd/Hib always held it's own because we were better organised than the enemy]
We functioned well through sheer bloody minded determination that we would not be defeated as the underdog. ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Last night was a nice example of the realm out in force, Excallies were graceful and a pleasure to play alongside. The problem once more for that BG was the lack of seige however and they had a few people running around after them. Still they done good.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Sharkith wrote:Last night was a nice example of the realm out in force, Excallies were graceful and a pleasure to play alongside. The problem once more for that BG was the lack of seige however and they had a few people running around after them. Still they done good.

Yeah was there, dident think the hibs would ever get a keep again =P
But as you say the not haveing RAMS with is bad, still seemed it turned out well, but we had the numbers this time ^^
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

Still took most of the raid to get a group, must smell or something.....

When I did get a group, thanks Revos, was great fun and yes was a pity about the siege running out at Glenn....

Amazing /stats for me...a ranger with 6000+ hps healed!

Later though, after the raid had broken up, went back to same old hib mentality. Found myself in a tower defending, about 6 or 7 hibs there. Couldnt get a grp, everyone I tried /inv was in a grp...Got hit for six and spent a long time trying to heal myself up....Hibs got killed, tower fell.

Seems rangers arent wanted anymore, at least not this one, not even in a keep or tower take and defence :(

/sob

Thanks for the raid though, made a big change....

Tasmin

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Tasmin wrote:Still took most of the raid to get a group, must smell or something.....

When I did get a group, thanks Revos, was great fun and yes was a pity about the siege running out at Glenn....

Later though, after the raid had broken up, went back to same old hib mentality. Found myself in a tower defending, about 6 or 7 hibs there. Couldnt get a grp, everyone I tried /inv was in a grp...Got hit for six and spent a long time trying to heal myself up....Hibs got killed, tower fell.

Seems rangers arent wanted anymore, at least not this one, not even in a keep or tower take and defence :(

/sob

Tasmin
lo tas no depression
we always need you and if it s only for knock out gates with bow ;)

cu levelnix
levelnix

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Tasmin wrote:Still took most of the raid to get a group, must smell or something.....

/sob

Tasmin
Hi Tas,

aye I saw you in the BG lfg. Sometimes it is easier to do /BG groups and start inviting solo people who are in the area rather than trying to get into an existing group. If I could do it on my Nightshade you can do it on a Ranger. :)

Anyway it was good fun.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”