General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
spook
Emerald Rider

Post by spook »

I think Aran may refer to the rangers that bother changing arrows dependant on damagetype vs armortype.

I heard somewhere that the changes to resisttables only influenced magical damage and therefore not nerf to "clever" rangers. I'm not certain if it's true though. My champs no-weap template is a little outdated now :/
Merely Mortal
Waiting for WAR, both the virtual and the real

Formerly on Hib/Pryd as:
Damarmas, Cias, Bryce, Line

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

veedub love ohhh yeh :>
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

spook wrote:I think Aran may refer to the rangers that bother changing arrows dependant on damagetype vs armortype.
I heard somewhere that the changes to resisttables only influenced magical damage and therefore not nerf to "clever" rangers. I'm not certain if it's true though. My champs no-weap template is a little outdated now :/
yep <grins> im refering to the ability to recognise your enemy and choose an arrow suitable for the occation rather then just grabbing the first arrow that comes to hand.
If it only effects magic resists thats on thing but i got them impression it covered everything.
basically armours with -10/15% penalty get a boast but if you have several 5%'s it doesnt change, so not exactly a balanced change.
my bet is that this is being put into place before the archer patch, when hopefully they can address the elemental arrow problem.
Mythics excuse so far was that they couldnt code them which is a lie as cold arrows exist in midgard from a quest.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Aran_Thule wrote:Mythics excuse so far was that they couldnt code them which is a lie as cold arrows exist in midgard from a quest.
Bit the same as: No we can't give u a white dye for ur armours and other stuff, cause white is a colour that doesn't excist in DAoC.... yeah roight :)
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

damadge tables are changes for both melee and spell damadge afaik

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

Wizard Fire specline now gets a 15% heat debuff attached to the DD (which still delves for 219 over an Eldie's 171 baseline DD) which means if they were hitting hard before, now they're gonna hit really really hard - especially as they can now debuff their main damage output.

As well as that they now get nearsight in the Calefaction line (which is usually secondary spec for the 3rd bolt). After logging in and checking yesterday on my fire wizzie not only does it act as a nearsight but also lowers resistance and effectiveness to other stats as well (think it mentioned something about -10% matter) and buff effectiveness (I'll check later)?

Hooray for Wizzies! Time to go hunting fire resistant taurs in Deep Volcanus!
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Bondoila
Emerald Rider

Post by Bondoila »

Most silly thing is that heat lw's gets nerfed from 15 % to 5% thats so damn stupid. That was balance between archers and assasins, now I will have a much harder time.
That means only way to go as a melee ranger will be slash and I have a luri so with this change I would like to have a class respec to shar :<

I picked the luri first of all because the the s/c pois didn't strike so hard vs them as vs a celt. It got changed to a weapon skill debuff (qq). And now this changes makes lw's shit also since the CL resists and only 5%+. A class respec should be granted with a big change like this.
[Gareth]
Healer - L50 - RR4LX
<Crimson Eclipse>

[Prydwen/Excal]
<Hib>
Bondoila - L50 Bard - RR11LX
Bleich - L50 Ranger - RR7LX
Anole - L50 Eld - RR5LX
<Albion>
Bondoila - L50 Sorc -RR7LX

[Glastonbury]
Bondoila - L50 Shammy -RR4LX

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Battleground Notes - Leirvik

- The battleground, Leirvik, has been redesigned. Three additional landmasses have been added with terrain height variations. Bridges now connect from each realm's starting island to the new landmass as well as connecting to the center island. The size of the center island has also increased slightly.

- Additional landmark towers have been added to the center island of Leirvik.

- Several adjustments have been made to the monster camps in Leirvik to make it easier to navigate.

- The mini-map for Leirvik has been updated.

- The wretched hagbui on the central island in Leivrik are now hostile instead of aggressive.
Typical of them to change Leirvik when I aint got any chars who can enter :(

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Selenia wrote:Wizard Fire specline now gets a 15% heat debuff attached to the DD (which still delves for 219 over an Eldie's 171 baseline DD) which means if they were hitting hard before, now they're gonna hit really really hard - especially as they can now debuff their main damage output.
What's the point in comparing the delve of a baseline DD vs. a specline DD? Wizards and runies spec DD is 219, Elds is 209 because of baseline stun, Bainshees is 223 delve. 15% debuff wont help much vs. fire resistant mobs because as with all debuff DDs it only gives you a 7% debuff against a non-resist buffed target, you only get the extra 8% vs. resist buffed targets.

Hibs generally run with 16% elemental resists, Mids with 24% elemental resists. Albs can usually only run with no heat/cold/matter resists as it means giving up end regen/speed. The fire wizzies change just brings fire wizzie damage vs. Mids/Hibs closer to that of which Mids/Hib get vs. Albs in relative terms. The NS in earth should only be debuffing 10% matter iirc not stats, it's just to make sure the bolt in earth does a little more damage to bring it on par with fire/rc for bolt damage due to the other bolt being baseline. Also the NS is much shorter range, the 20 earth spec one is less than 2k units iirc. Wizards are about on par with eldies/runies now so the only change being that Hibs may need to pay more attention to heat resists in templates - depends if groups are running body sorcs or not.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

Xest wrote:What's the point in comparing the delve of a baseline DD vs. a specline DD? Wizards and runies spec DD is 219, Elds is 209 because of baseline stun, Bainshees is 223 delve. 15% debuff wont help much vs. fire resistant mobs because as with all debuff DDs it only gives you a 7% debuff against a non-resist buffed target, you only get the extra 8% vs. resist buffed targets.
Don't forget that the Wizzie has access to the 219 DD, as well as the spec bolt through speccing in one line - Fire. To get the spec bolt for an Eld you'd need to spec in Void, but to get the 209 spec DD that you were talking about you'd then need to spec in Shadow Mastery. This means that if you're void spec you're stuck with the 179 base DD in Way of the Sun or the 171 base DD in Way of the Eclipse.
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”