Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

aye but the good thing in his case is that he does really mind either way - people like that despite all their apathy and scepticism are great to have around. :)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

Mojo wrote:Your a cock, Slayn rocks!
hehhehe

thread winner

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Sharkith wrote:aye but the good thing in his case is that he does really mind either way - people like that despite all their apathy and scepticism are great to have around. :)
Not all true, I would love to see the rvr get better...who knows, it might even make me wanna come back. Its not about apathy or scepticism - its pure fact mate. It doesnt work in any kind of situation.

edit: Any kind of situation with that many players that is.

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I dont know about you guys but when I play rvr with my druid i have a lot on my mind and I need to stay focused. I really dont have the time to remember who wants to be added on and who doesnt want to be added on.
If my grp decides to add then i wont say anything, its still realm versus realm. If we get the comment not to add, we will back off. But I refuse to stand on the sideline to see fellow hibs get their arses kicked.

As for a cloak color ... no thank you, i want to decide for myself what colors i'm wearing. And besides its gona be abused anyway.
Same thing with the tag above your head.

I do wonder why ppl dont want to get added on. Could someone explain that to me please. Cos in my opinion the enemy needs to die. Is it by one person or by ten doesnt matter in my eyes.

Same as for dont kill solo fighters ... i lost track of the times i got zerged when i was solo on my vamp. So tell me why I should not add when there are others that do add.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Satyn wrote:I dont know about you guys but when I play rvr with my druid i have a lot on my mind and I need to stay focused. I really dont have the time to remember who wants to be added on and who doesnt want to be added on.
If my grp decides to add then i wont say anything, its still realm versus realm. If we get the comment not to add, we will back off. But I refuse to stand on the sideline to see fellow hibs get their arses kicked.

As for a cloak color ... no thank you, i want to decide for myself what colors i'm wearing. And besides its gona be abused anyway.
Same thing with the tag above your head.

I do wonder why ppl dont want to get added on. Could someone explain that to me please. Cos in my opinion the enemy needs to die. Is it by one person or by ten doesnt matter in my eyes.

Same as for dont kill solo fighters ... i lost track of the times i got zerged when i was solo on my vamp. So tell me why I should not add when there are others that do add.

Because some RvR guilds wants their I R wtf p00wn leet yadayada status of haveing killed another I R also WTF p00wn.

I do myself enjoy fg fights, but I belive takeing it to the level where you try to Enforce it on others are silly, if you get those fg fights, Good..great even, but this game would get really boring if everything went as you wanted it all the time.

Im probably one of the most Openminded about these things in my guild, Being an RvR guild as it is...I do like fg vs fg, and also 1 vs 1, but I have never been one to care enough to be rude at someone else for playing the game in another way even if I myself do follow the rule of no adding/helping I know that some don't see it like adding, they actually do see it as a realmwar and some only wnts RP's and just add because of that =P

But I have to say that I belive it is the variance that makes the game fun, that you'r not sure one what will happen, if it gets to stiff it will get boring and people will move on, thats how I belive.

Haveing said that, you should still try to respect others wished aslong as they are nice to you.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Elrandhir wrote:Because some RvR guild wants their I R wtf p00wn leet yadayada status of haveing killed another I R also WTF p00wn.

I do myself enjoy fg fights, but I belive takeing it to the level where you try to Enforce it on others are silly, if you get those fg fights, Good..great even, but this game would get really boring if everything went as you wanted it all the time.
Because of what? Please do consider rewriting the first line there as it makes no sense.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Reza
Emerald Rider

Post by Reza »

This thread is quite large now and covers quite alot.

Id like to just clarify one thing. As i see it this thread was not originally about the rights and wrongs of 'adding' (a discussion which i dont really see being resolved). Technically adding is fine.

Its about saying one thing, doing another, and having that hypocrisy indisputibly exposed. In this case the 'saying' just happens to be about 'adding', but it could very well be about anything.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

centurion wrote:Because of what? Please do consider rewriting the first line there as it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sence to me, so I guess you will have to reread.
I did miss a letter, but I still belive anyone should been able to read it right ;D
Still it's not really Important to understand that first line as I don't really intended that to be the important thing in my post =P
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

If mythic intended RVR to be 1v1 and fg v fg then WHY did they introduce methods of gaining RP's by HELPING others in a rvr situation. If i am in a 1v1 fight and a druid turns up there isn't much damage he can do. So what WERE his options:
Ignore me, Try and help by stripping.

New options:
Heal me for rp's,
Strip buffs for rp's,
Root for RP's,
he can even Rez me for Rp's at the end if he wants...

the game has been changed by the designers and all the people who think that we are still in emain with its MG's and 1fg v 1fg cause thats the only way to get rp's are living in carebear land. Seriously this game is about beating the living hell out of somone from another realm who WE AS CHARACTERS have been brought up to HATE AND DESPISE to a point where if we see one we will go OUT OF OUR WAY to kill the bastards.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Hmm. All this talk about people who are against adding 'enforcing' their playstyle or 'bullying' people into adopting it really doesn't make a lot of sense. The one thing the non-adders can't do is force anyone to adopt their style of play. The adders, OTOH, can add as they please and nothing can be done about it. Perhaps that's why the non-adders get so defensive.

Satyn, I can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who has gone from happy adding (Fer teh REALM meights!) to someone who is broadly speaking, against it, I can tell you what it's about for me.

Let me see - this is difficult to do without sounding leetist, so bear with me.

It's definitely not about rp's. It may to some extent be about status, as Elrandhir suggests in his charming way. But what it's mostly about is skill. Now, I am not suggesting that nobody who doesn't play 1 v 1 or 8 v 8 is a skilled player, far from it. People who lead raids, people who play well on raids, heck, even particularly efficient zergs, all need a certain amount of skill. People who run in small groups undoubtedly do. But, for me, there is something uniquely rewarding about developing the skills needed in fixed-group 8 v 8 play.

FG RVR is difficult. It takes a long time to build a strong team, and a tremendous amount of effort and soul-searching, as you discuss and dissect and try this and try that and respec and re-template and discuss some more... and in the end what really makes the difference is practice. You want every fight to stretch you a little bit, to teach you something. The best fights are the ones that are close and both teams play well, but getting your arse handed to you by a good group is better than getting zerged, or getting 'helped'.

At the end of every fight we ask ourselves 'OK, what happened there? Why did we win/lose? What did we do? What did the enemy do? What can we do better next time?' If the fight was won or lost because another group turned up or a bunch of stealthers PA'd your mages, you just have to shrug and forget about it - you can't learn anything. Against another 8 players, you can apply tactics, you can anticipate, you can learn their moves. Against adds you're stuffed, there's nothing you can do.

Our group takes a pretty philosophical approach. We don't flame anyone, we don't even yell at them, we just carry on and hope for a clean fight next time. We don't have a kill-on-sight list, and we don't roll soloers. But if you leave one of our fights, we will love you long-time.

As for not adding when others add, well, doing the 'right' thing (the thing you think is right, not not-adding per se) always has to begin at home. Otherwise you just haven't got a leg to stand on.

I would be quite happy with the system as it's supposed to work now - fg's go to Agramon, if you're in a keep fight or around a bridge, it's a realm war and the fg stuff doesn't apply.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”