Camoflage Question

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

Not just you, thats what it was originally designed for.

Tas

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Tasmin wrote:Not just you, thats what it was originally designed for.

Tas

No no, it was originally designed to counter-act the RA 'See Hidden' which sounds abit like Detect Hidden, but its something different.

Back in OF, Assassins could purchase 'See Hidden' RA which basically allowed them to see all non-assassin stealthers from cliprange. Archers where helpless against it, and got camoflage, which made 'See Hidden' not work when Camoflage was active.

Later on See Hidden was nerfed to 800 range maximum, and it was fully removed in New Frontiers. Camoflage remained, and got a new role: To counter 'Mastery of Stealth' detection of enemies on you.

The Detect Hidden is a passive skill which allows assassins to see stealthers abit better then non-assassins at all times.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Puppet wrote:No no, it was originally designed to counter-act the RA 'See Hidden' which sounds abit like Detect Hidden, but its something different.

Back in OF, Assassins could purchase 'See Hidden' RA which basically allowed them to see all non-assassin stealthers from cliprange. Archers where helpless against it, and got camoflage, which made 'See Hidden' not work when Camoflage was active.

Later on See Hidden was nerfed to 800 range maximum, and it was fully removed in New Frontiers. Camoflage remained, and got a new role: To counter 'Mastery of Stealth' detection of enemies on you.

The Detect Hidden is a passive skill which allows assassins to see stealthers abit better then non-assassins at all times.
Puppet!!!! :D
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

kivik
Emerald Rider

Post by kivik »

Also got popped by some infil+sorc who just came running straight for me when stealthed. :blank:
<The Wild Hunt>

Kiwik Druid

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

most infils will have silly amounts of stealth with the skill changes. I have 39+ LOTS on my infil now and i see rangers from across a bridge most of the time. (mos4). I think tbh camoflauge needs to be looked at.
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Childofkhain wrote:most infils will have silly amounts of stealth with the skill changes. I have 39+ LOTS on my infil now and i see rangers from across a bridge most of the time. (mos4). I think tbh camoflauge needs to be looked at.
The majority of assassins still has 50 modified stealth. Most people seem to agree that getting more stealth (for the benefit of getting 2 buggy new abilities) isnt worth loosing other skills for.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

infil ;) stupid number of sp's ;)
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

[quote="Childofkhain"]infil ]

Still, they do not have enough spec-points to get 50 weapon 50 dw 50 cs, 50 modded envenom and 39 stealth (base).

Even infiltrators give up something to obtain those thingies @ 35 and 39 stealth-spec.

Considering they are quite buggy and dont work half the time, alot of players consider them a waste of spec-points they prefer to put into another line. Especially since stealth over 50 doesnt benefit you at all in RvR besides gaining access to the abilities. No better detection or better hidden.
[Tuatha Dé Danann]

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”