Girls & Boys

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:I logged in, made a female character, spent half an hour killing rats, and then some weird guy started messaging me describing having sex with me.
Screenshot, post to intarweb game forums, problem solved, he wont be doing that again :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:Screenshot, post to intarweb game forums, problem solved, he wont be doing that again :p
Actually, the funniest was when someone did this to one of my characters in DAOC. She was dozing happily at Mag Mell waiting to meet some people, and woke up to discover a lot of stuff I can't describe outside the 18+ section. So I message the guy and tell him I'm reporting him to Rightnow for breach of Code of Conduct. He says this is his first day in the game and he doesn't know what the Code of Conduct is, and I say its what you agree to obey when you log in. There is this thoughtful silence, then he asks what they will do. I say I have no idea but they will look at the logs and email him telling him if they are warning him or what. Then he totally panics and starts grovelling, because his parents will get the email...

So I let him off in the end because it was so funny.

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

I only got male characters with a few very distinct exceptions:

* My first char on Euro: Puppetmistress. Female Avalonian Theurgiste, because I thought I would get help easier with a female toon.

* My Firbolg Animist. I made it in a rush on my 2nd PC for helping with ML8.10 in the time of 'unlimited shrooms'. Create char, go.. Its a Female animist
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Thallium
Emerald Rider

Post by Thallium »

Puppet wrote: * My first char on Euro: Puppetmistress. Female Avalonian Theurgiste, because I thought I would get help easier with a female toon.

Hmm, that reminded me of something. I think i was in an RvR group with you sometime with my merc or armsman, and you was in it with your theurg, along with Mezzi and Deedee... I really do hope you were roleplaying back then, because the 3 of you were rambling on and on about very uninteresting things, almost like 3 girls gossiping about things taking place in school. ;)
Sculp
Steady Slobbin
Thallium
Tyligo
Kenpachi
Matje

<TDD> & <Agony>

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Got some female chars coz of smaller model. Dont roleplay em female though.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

My initial main character in any online game is always male as this is the character I'm most likely to be associated with. But I've made quite a few alts with female toons. Usually it's because of the character size - smaller means harder to spot and target in a fight (and in DAOC the way male luris run is just plain irritating). I never roleplay them as female though, if anyone asks I make it clear they're in for a shock if they try any chatup lines, or worse :o

Not that this has happened much to my female toons. I usually don't make them provacative in terms of appearance / dress, so I've rarely had any lecherous advances when playing them. None in DAOC in fact. It all depends on the game though. WoW is another matter. I made a female orc Hunter for the smallest toon size you can get in Horde. Only toon I've ever regretted not making male, far too many horny teenagers in that game :eek:

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

nick yee found something like 2% of male characters are played by females but at least 55% of female characters are played by males. it's a fascinating subject, "net-trannying".
i don't have a sig.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

lol, I have a male friend who rp's a female "companion" on EVE - interesting tales ... :o
The article is right tho imo, btu then its pritty much the same irl so its not that great a surprise :)
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I still remember my first days in doac. Everyone knew me as 'Thandruil's girlfriend'. The first group i joined the guys started to chat me up and i was blushing like mad behind my screen. I was sooo not used to it and was very shocked (in a good way ofc). If I look back at it now and see how much i've changed its really shocking :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:Everyone knew me as 'Thandruil's girlfriend'.

..that was until we all realized that your actually his boyfriend and not girlfriend.

..no wait, I forgot that just cos you got that black facial hair it doesnt mean your a man :( sorry! My mistake!

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”