coming back since SI

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
miragino
Emerald Rider

coming back since SI

Post by miragino »

Hi everyone,

I am a lost player of DAoC that doesn't realise how can he have been nearly 2 years without playing DAoC 8) . But now I've opened my eyes and want to come back.

I've been reading somethings, I left DAoC when I was in SI before Foundations, and I would appreciate some updates on how things work

Mainly I have some questions:
- How does the cluster work? are we together with Excalibur only for the frontiers? PvE raids how do they work nowadays
- is PvE as boring as i used to be or has it gottten better with expansions?
- Is it easy to go in random RvR or now everyobdy is pro in guilds?
- Is the free trial only valid in the US?

Any other info you give me is really really appreciated. Thanks for responding!!!!

Cheers,
Mirages RulerOfMages <mentalist 50> once leader of a Relic Raid

valmaare
Emerald Rider

Post by valmaare »

-How does the cluster work? are we together with Excalibur only for the frontiers?

Yes, we are clustered with excal, and yes, there is only one NF. BUT we can port to excal and vice versa via TNN or housing.

-PvE raids how do they work nowadays

Dont think much has changed. usually just named mobs as there arent many xp grps going except maybe Fins in NF (not much in 4fins in CF nowadays).

- is PvE as boring as i used to be or has it gottten better with expansions?

Depends. As stated above, PvE xp grps have been decreased massivly, but the new Task Dungeons and quests make xping a lot easier, not necessarily better fun tho :<

- Is it easy to go in random RvR or now everyobdy is pro in guilds?

Class dependant really. Soloers is easy in RvR, but need a decent template and stuff...
Despite having 'l33t' guild groups, anyone can really RvR with their guild if put together propperly.

- Is the free trial only valid in the US?

Havent a clue!

Hope this helps... Wb btw ;)
stir: Verail Lasero Lurikeen Brehon Enchantress stir:
vw: Valmaare 50 Sylvan Brehon vw:
vampiir: Mordenaar Gaulslayer 50 Lurikeen Silver Hand Vampiir vampiir:

shade: Alm TeamZerg Lurikeen Constantoir BladeShade shade:

england: england: england:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

welcome back to the game ... if you havent played since SI i suggest you take a long time to read up on all the new goodies we got.
Pve raids these days are arti fact raids, ML's raids and the occasional dragon raid oh and not to forget the Circle of 5 mobs.
We got horseys aswell now, excal ppl and pryd ppl together ... tbh its a bit much to name all the new things and i would just suggest you log back on and take a look i'm sure you'll like it :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”