State of the realm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

siege is easy to make and use and now to carry.

Good reads: (both are in secret section so only thoose with access can read)
Aran's very rough Siege Guide

MARR Guidelines
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

7)we dont have the numbers atm to build good groups,yesterday night NE alliance consists out of 10people online
Soul Pact/Eclipse alliance hade 4 members on, of 2 where buffbots and 1 whas me :|.
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

Tuthmes wrote:Soul Pact/Eclipse alliance hade 4 members on, of 2 where buffbots and 1 whas me :|.
sad realy sad :'(
levelnix

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

It's not only numbers it also seems to be an unwillingness to grp with others.

Just been on my chanter and asked over /as, /bu, /b and yelled in battlefield for a grp but got none (from bg groups I could tell not all were full).

I asked for a heal in the battlefield and got none (at least peeps get rps for that). The only person to heal me in the 40 mins I was on was Audhild (thnx hun).

So I logged frustrated.

I think the active guilds and people are too fractured, we need to find a good way of having open communications and access to each other so we can at least find who is looking for a grp and who has space without the need to stand around asking for ages. We may not get opted gps but it may save helpless but willing idiots like me running around solo.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Ashgen
Emerald Rider

Interesting ...

Post by Ashgen »

Rather than repeat my self I have cut and pasted a post I made on FH on this sort of topic ...

This is quite an interesting thread, and outside of the usual rhetoric, there are some good points made.

I am one of those who could be accused as being a cross realmer. I started on Alb Excal over four years, and Hib Pryd soon after. I had the luxury of picking two servers then on one account, so why not try different realms etc. it is, after all, just a game.

However clustering changed all that, and clustering was voted for by you, the paying public, so there is no-one to blame there. I can say however, hand on heart, that although I have been in the position where I could have influenced things, I never have.

As for Alb and Hib.

In Albion, the Herfolge Boldklub alliance for example, is full of RvR orientated guilds, and with Prydwen guilds now able to join, that is even more the case. I would estimate that there are 3 or 4 groups out in an evening from that alliance alone, and while I cannot say that cross realming did not happen, I would just think that the intelligence available in Alb is greater, and the response in numbers, due to alliances configuration, is also greater.

I play Hibernia quite a bit these days and I have found that Hibernia is very fragmented. A lot of the old RvR elite guilds no longer play that much, and many of the high RR guilds/groups roam around as opted groups.

Relics, and their taking or defence, is the part of the game which could be considered as role playing I guess, and some people choose to get 3 or 4 hours worth of realm points rather than help take/defend a relic. That is their choice, and I do not criticise anyone for that.

Perhaps given the situation Hibernia, and I would think the same applies to Midgard, players should look inwards and discuss how things could change to improve? Maybe fewer, more focussed, alliances may be the answer? Perhaps have one alliance of proven, or aspiring, RvR guilds may work?

I know that this would be quite an undertaking as there are proud old guilds and alliances out there.

It is possible however that I could be talking right out of my rear end! moon:

Regards

Ash

Shimynor 50 Bladmaster
Aru 50 Bard
Zedan 50 Eld
Arua 50 Druid

Albion Excalibur

Shimynor 50 Mercenary
Pygmie 50 Cabalist
Zedan 50 Theurgist
Arau 50 Cleric
Shayde 50 Scout
Ashgenette 50 Buffbot
Nopun 50 Reaver

Marven
Emerald Rider

Post by Marven »

i just wanna say :P i like what your doing shark. keep up the good work. if hibs had more players like u we would be fine. the only proplem with the realm is all the QQ'ing and negativity. which makes people depressed and not have fun.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

thanks Marven,

I am no angel though just remmeber that. I mean the start of this thread is not exactly positive :p

OK whilst everyone is full of good advice I still don't see anything constructive or any practical solution as yet. Would it be possible to start a list of guilds and collect together some activity including Balanced group abilities and so on as a way to start getting a picture of what it is like here?

Do people think that I am being too intrusive?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

Shark,

dont think you are being too intrusive...GPK field people almost everynight for RvR, not always a fg and not always on for the same length of time but they're there. Have 1 night a week 'semi dedicated to RvR' which unfortunately I normally cant make...We aren't too proud to have anyone in our grps but a lot of the time, its more for fun than anything else so don't join our grp if you are going to get all sulky or angry with our healers...they want fun too.

On the flip side, there is many a time Ive logged on joined a BG, and tried to join a grp and given up after 10 attempts of /bc lfg and /send grp leaders. Many groups seem to wait for just the right character to come along refusing to fill spots with lesser mortals (classes) incase they cant get the right person when becomes free. It does seem better late at night probably as the choice is more limited.

Just for anyone's info, Tas is a ranger, almost always has some kind of siege packed up in the saddle and is great on tower/keep attack and defence. So if you see me lfg, please accept my request especially if you are planning on taking or defending towers.

Tas

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Tasmin wrote:Shark,

dont think you are being too intrusive...GPK field people almost everynight for RvR, not always a fg and not always on for the same length of time but they're there. Have 1 night a week 'semi dedicated to RvR' which unfortunately I normally cant make...We aren't too proud to have anyone in our grps but a lot of the time, its more for fun than anything else so don't join our grp if you are going to get all sulky or angry with our healers...they want fun too.

On the flip side, there is many a time Ive logged on joined a BG, and tried to join a grp and given up after 10 attempts of /bc lfg and /send grp leaders. Many groups seem to wait for just the right character to come along refusing to fill spots with lesser mortals (classes) incase they cant get the right person when becomes free. It does seem better late at night probably as the choice is more limited.

Just for anyone's info, Tas is a ranger, almost always has some kind of siege packed up in the saddle and is great on tower/keep attack and defence. So if you see me lfg, please accept my request especially if you are planning on taking or defending towers.

Tas
This can be changed if we identify around 4-5 full groups who would like to try change things. We need to balance them (have enough druids rvr capable for example) and we need to bring some guilds together to work as groups. Everything is fragmented and disjointed just now.

I know NE alliance has the potential for a decent zerg all of its own but I would like to coax those players out. If you guys could put together a list of NE groups for us and we in NFD did the same we would have a start. Celtic Leaf Army can field a group or two all by itself I am sure of that.

What we need is people willing to play together and we need to know what we have got and when. So what I need is for GM's to go to their guilds and post here the following:

Guild Nipple clamp

Mondays
3-5 average all stealth classes

Tuesdays
1fg (no warden/1 druid)

Wednesdays

Thursdays
a luwi on ice

Fridays
1fg (no warden/healer)

Saturdays
10 randoms no druids

Sundays
3 randoms

We do not even know what we have available and we do not have a hard core to form the BG's and start rolling around. Until we identify who is going to stand for the realm and who is indifferent then we can continue to bumble along. We can lead by example or continue to drif - it is time to get our fingers out.

So who is going to post? I will compile the list and report back. We will have issues about the list not being accurate but we need to know where to start.

I have a few plans to start giving the albs the run around but I am not going to try and do this unless I have a feel for what is around and for whom we can depend on.

Basically can Hibernia depend on your guild and if so how?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Sharks

interesting initiative but this information should be posted somewhere safer than here, yes?
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”