State of the realm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Luz wrote:Well I can understand on one hand, but then again, why struggle so hard to keep a name and an emblem? . . we have like 30 guilds with 10 ppl in, would it maybe make sense to have 10 guilds with 30 ppl in ?

Just a loose tought
isnt this what i said?
I for myself playing this game because of the people in it and not because of a guildname.
I would be sorry if i have to leave my guild because we end up in a dead alliance,but i dont want all the time solo, i also want to group with other people.
But i also know some people would rather die then to close down theire guilds,and i respec this.
And i know Aran is doing alot for his guild and he has a very stable player base,that has he earned for his efforts.
But we have alot of inactive or nearly closed guild's, there is lots of place for a merge in on stronger active alliance.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Alexandrinus wrote:But i also know some people would rather die then to close down theire guilds,and i respec this.

Dying is a little extreme. Hopefully its more that they would rather delete. You could actually achieve a lot with a chat group that people join if they want an rvr group or have spots to fill, so long as everyone knew about it. Or indeed a battlegroup, but then people might expect the BG to do something.

It would be nice to be able to label chat groups or BGs with their purpose, so you could see them in /who or something as trade chat group, tortoise training chat group, I want a group chat group, or painful things that should happen to sorcerors chat group.

Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

I think Belisar has hit the nail on the head here.

An alliance that is made up of mainly rps focused RvR guilds will for the most part only be talking about RvR issues. If you add in a load of non RvR people into that mix by adding guilds not 100% focused on RvR, they may suddenly get fed up with the /as spam.

I and most other people just play for fun. For me the fun can be RvR orientated, sometimes PvE based but often just being part of a 'group' (generically speaking and not the 8 man grp setup) of players sharing 'banter'. People who play like this have more time on their hands to chat, often in /as and often offtopic. Would the big RvR guilds and alliances put up with that level of 'noise'?

If you take the people out of the guilds or the more RvR orientated guilds out of their existing alliances and put them in one of the big RvR alliances and they can live without the social banter that they were used to, thats ok for them and would probably help the realm in times of need. However those people left behind would find their 'circle of friends' much diminished, would find it even harder to get a group when they want to go RvR and probably find it more fun playing a different game. Result, realm and game suffers.

I don't know what the answer is. I know its not all about communications. I've been in many a BG recently full of duo's and soloers with several non full groups. Could I or the others get an invite? Nope.(so ended up in the bg as a duo with bb)..only late in the evening when the chance of the existing groups getting the 'right sort of player' diminishes do they accept my request to join them. This isnt always the case though and I'd like to thanks the people that have invited me in the past.

Having stronger /as channels will only help if the people in them cooperate. Just because you have thrown a lot more people at the problem does not mean they will suddenly respond to a call to defend a tower/keep etc. They didnt when they were in a BG, why think it will be any different in a /AS?

Some alliances have a problem in that they are very quiet atm. However there is nothing to stop everyone joining the same BG in the frontiers and working together. This is not to say that there might not be a need to reorganise the alliances but that I'm not 100% sure it will actually strengthen our realm as much as some think it might.

Tas

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Kallima wrote:It would be nice to be able to label chat groups or BGs with their purpose, so you could see them in /who or something as trade chat group, tortoise training chat group, I want a group chat group, or painful things that should happen to sorcerors chat group.
We could merge chat groups <grin> how about the 'tortoise training to do painful things to sorcerors' chat group?
Tasmin wrote:If you take the people out of the guilds or the more RvR orientated guilds out of their existing alliances and put them in one of the big RvR alliances and they can live without the social banter that they were used to, thats ok for them and would probably help the realm in times of need. However those people left behind would find their 'circle of friends' much diminished, would find it even harder to get a group when they want to go RvR and probably find it more fun playing a different game. Result, realm and game suffers.
nicely said Tasmin
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Let's try not to mix up groupability of some chars with a realm wide reorganization that's much needed in Hibernia, it won't lead us anywhere.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

maxis

Post by maxis »

Kallima wrote:So if I was in your alliance I could put a message up advertising each of the 50 odd scrolls for sale on my merchant and no one minds?
We truly don't have a codified set of rules, but I suspect we'd ask you to stop and take away /as rights or kick you out if you didn't. Failing that it's the Spanish Inquisition.
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Brummie Inquisition you mean.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

maxis

Post by maxis »

Kallima wrote:tortoise training chat group
There's a CG I'd be interested in... I nominate you to suggest it to GOA ;)
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

Inquisitor Raal
Emerald Rider

Post by Inquisitor Raal »

ambera wrote:Brummie Inquisition you mean.
flame:
Caylan Raal
-The Inquisitor-
Retired from DAoC...Reforming in WAR!

Asunawa in AoC
-Assassin-

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Kallima wrote:Well most people have common sense and don't overdo these things, its when someone does that the alliance ends up writing some rules down to try and define common sense before everyone goes insane. Actually for me 50 different scrolls is not as bad as the same scroll advertised every five minutes, but this is all wandering off topic. I was just establishing that you expect some common sense in your alliance chat too.
When actually asked for NFD alliance rules this was the statement I made:
http://www.nafiannadragun.co.uk/index.p ... 811.0.html

We expect individual guild officers and gm's to enforce the spirit of this, while they are free to have their own subsets if they choose.

In response to other posts, I really wouldnt describe NFD as an RvR orientated guild. Most of the guild chat has nothing to do with RvR, but mostly involves making fun of Jupiter. Alliance chat is a mix of spats of banter with the usual lfg rvr, lfg pve stuff, and the occasional grats, along side to the point rvr info - you know the stuff Bolg on fire, fg of mids headed DC west bridge etc. When people need artifacts sorting they are generally done off the cuff, as a number of NFD people can field the required firepower to do just about everything in minutes. Master Level group steps generally fall under the same category, ive even ran through ml7 group steps on my own.

The days of large alliances with constant spam I think are pretty much over due to the size of the remaining prydwen population. Merges with like minded Excal guilds could alter that, but again, presuming it is like minded guilds you are recruiting it is for the guild officers and gm's to enforce whatever you're alliance rules are.

It's been a long, heated and useful discussion, and Aran as leader of NE has set out his position - recruitment from like minded guilds for NE. Thats a sensible approach for NE. Along side that, build bridges between NFD and NE alliance, so our goal is to think of ways to do that - pug groups in my mind are by far the most useful mechanism for that - it promotes talking, it promotes getting used to play styles, people with rvr experince can pass on tips if the advice is wanted. Then it also strengthens realm events, making people who are familiar with each other more likely to form groups.
*edit (again!)
That also applies to non-rvr events.

Also lets all promote prydwen.net if we can. It seems that this place is awfully quite when you look at the number of active players - sometimes it just feels like its a handful of NFD people, the mods, and a handful of NE people.

Incidently the NFD forum has a general chat area where cross as info can also be posted. http://www.nafiannadragun.co.uk
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”