Bye from Thand and me

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

well Im sure mythic will have their own servers too... but one things for sure... I wont be starting any new games on GOA hosted servers.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

There's a lot of bad talk about GOA ... but i've been playing wow for the past 3 weeks and in those 3 weeks i had to start on another server twice cos servers were full all the time, and servers crashed due to all sorts of reasons. Every game has its faults.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

The biggest problem I have with Goa isn't really their fault. The problem is that they are not the developer, and they have suffered because of that.

We were 6 months behind the US in content, and the biggest problem was the complete lack of developer support when Prydwen had it's Database issue.

I will certainly think twice before playing any game again where the Eu version is hosted by a third party, and I can't play on the US version. Fortunately my game of choice atm is hosted in Iceland :D

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:unfortunally

daoc is on a decline.
Its been going a fair while. peeps tend to drift away.
Also when youve played another game you notice diff things and wish they could be implemented in daoc which makes it depressing to play.

Wow is in its 2nd year and i think peeps are getting bored. TBC might give that a new lease of life but im not entirely sure. Blizzard are making major mistakes with the customers at this point in time. hopefully they will cease after tbc is released.

War. Its based on a roleplaying game so lets face it, its already written.
Wether it will live up to the expectations that people have given it, only time will tell

At the moment its like waiting for star wars (which the first one bombed) or lotr (which was excellent)
you dont know how its going to be.

Lotro - thats one i will try. Wether this will be good as it will bring aload of idiots like me who like the film as well as the peeps who like the book, im not sure.

Future predictions

terry pratchett mmorpg :p

nice one for going to try lotro, prolly will try that place first and it will more than likely influence whether or not i go back daoc in the end tbh. However, like many including me have said before, GOA just don't learn from their mistakes overall concerning their player base which means they are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past on WAR, sorry but that's the true statement on the matter.
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Evulweebeastie
Emerald Rider

Post by Evulweebeastie »

Aww :) I remember you, Cya (K)
Hibernia on Prydwen
  • [INDENT]Evulweebeastie RR5l0 Nightshade[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Aklaim RR3L1 Animist[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Tibet RR3 Enchanter[/INDENT]

Camlann Home of PvP
  • [INDENT]Huggle RR4l5 Minstrel[/INDENT]
  • [INDENT]Phooney RR3l8 Eldritch[/INDENT]

Bugzy The Ubar Bard!!111one wrote:a insta mezz takes less than a second to cast,

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”