1.81b - or - how to get rid of ToA timesink?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Sharkith wrote:You mention the IOC - well the reason why we have an olympics committee is to regulate things like performance enhancing drugs and stuff like that. So I am all for somethign that regulates unfairness if that is what they do.
Athlets who train more, are most likely to peform better, and so is in MMORPGs, players who play more, are most likely to perform better.
Thats what I tried to say, drugs are whole other issue, and perhaps you can compare those with bug abuse :P
Sharkith wrote:Things like the Malice Axe level 10 overpowered ability simply because they can camp sites and get the scrolls over someone who pays exactly the same money but has a very busy family life. Why allow that imbalance?
Things like the Realm Rank 11 level 10 overpowered abilities simply because they can camp Agramon and get the RPs over someone who pays exactly the same money but has a very busy family life. Why allow that imbalance?

Things like the Grandmaster Legendary Alchemist overpowered abilities simply because they can camp Alchemy table and get the skill points over someone who pays exactly the same money but has a very busy family life. Why allow that imbalance?

You see what I'm trying to say?

Simple fact is, players with more time do perform better on all things. MMORPGs are based on a character difference, and so far that difference was always achieved based on time someone is willing to put in. It would be a better way to achieve such difference by some intelligent quests or something, providing players would have to show some kind of intelligence or something to get a particular skill/item, we are however far from that at the moment, and even when such things will be possible, I doubt it will be popular among players, because with timesink system everyone can get what he wants eventualy, while a system you need brains for will leave dumb people in the dark :P

Anyway, I kinda got off the road, just wanted to say, removing time sinks is a good thing, but not when character differences suffer. If no time sinks and equal characters would be the most important thing in MMOs, Planetside would be more popular than DAoC...

We can discuss stealthzergs in some other thread, but it seems obviously to me which realm will benefit the most if stealth RvR turns in 8v8.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

HappyG wrote:Anyway, I kinda got off the road, just wanted to say, removing time sinks is a good thing, but not when character differences suffer. If no time sinks and equal characters would be the most important thing in MMOs, Planetside would be more popular than DAoC...
this I agree with - I think probably we express things very differently. Everything about the Artifacts was so over powered that it created a severe imbalance, this cuts down on that and that is good. I would agree it would be silly to have all characters equal I am ok with difference so long as it is fairly equitable.

Let me put this another way - what if we agree that a sorcerer and Bone dancer are overpowered classes, one way to reduce that imbalance would be to award them fewer rps per kill? ;)

Stealther zergs are a whole different thing and worth discussing but not here :)

Erce

Post by Erce »

can i just point out, that to me mmorgs are also a social game, all this talk of competativeness and people who spend more time playing are better. I spent a lot of time helping other people, i mean a LOT.... do i mind, no way, but just cos you spend time in game, doesn't mean it necessarily makes your character better, well not for everyone anyway.

if you want debates on casual/hardcore gamers, take a look at the wow forums, but i would recommend a good shower afterwards.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

patch=good
ppl whine=bad
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

[quote="Sharkith"]
Let me put this another way - what if we agree that a sorcerer and Bone dancer are overpowered classes, one way to reduce that imbalance would be to award them fewer rps per kill? ]

TBH yes. All in all artifact accessability after 2 years of ToA and RR3-RR4 difference are smaller changes to overall game balance than BDs, MoC lajftap, TWFs, Warguards, BG and other ToA **** are to small scale RvR, so perhaps it really aint worth to waste time about it :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

isletha
Emerald Rider

Post by isletha »

Silverbirch wrote:Absolutely!

And who cares about ToA anyway :D
Shut ya face and get back to this server :arcadefre
Na Fianna Dragun

Isletha lev 50 Ranger ML9 Retired :ranger:

Oshen lev 50 Champ ML10 Retired :bump:

Sevud lev 50 Hero S/S spec Retired :army:

Dunloirbh lev 50 Druid ML8 Retired :amedor:

Ethlidhenna lev 50 bard Retired :satyn2:

Dallanah
Emerald Rider

Post by Dallanah »

All that sounds good Jesus!! Patch all this at europe server todayyyyyy!!!
And for next patch i suggest crafters able to create MP rogs UNIQUE OBJECTS with toa bonuses and i can die on peace!!!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

HappyG wrote:Things like the Grandmaster Legendary Alchemist overpowered abilities simply because they can camp Alchemy table and get the skill points over someone who pays exactly the same money but has a very busy family life. Why allow that imbalance? .
now youre being silly..
You only become LGM of anything when the game is lagging for you and its the only thing you can do :p also when youre to lazy to do anything.
LGM is more of a personality thing than a time thing ;p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Looks like i might just ToA all my toons, even if it won't be till next year.

Great Patch!
look, no hands!

Now retired

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

HappyG wrote:Things like the Grandmaster Legendary Alchemist overpowered abilities simply because they can camp Alchemy table and get the skill points over someone who pays exactly the same money but has a very busy family life. Why allow that imbalance?
have disagree tho. I have a very busy family life myself (you know how much care Thand needs!! ]can i just point out, that to me mmorgs are also a social game, all this talk of competativeness and people who spend more time playing are better. I spent a lot of time helping other people, i mean a LOT.... do i mind, no way, but just cos you spend time in game, doesn't mean it necessarily makes your character better, well not for everyone anyway.[/QUOTE]

agree 10000....%
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”