should I have to pay before they restore?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Xest wrote:The problem is he did pay for quite a long while and didn't get the service when he was paying, now he's finally given up paying for not receiving a service they're asking him to pay some more for something he should've got whilst paying so much previously.

Dell tried to pull the same thing on me with my laptop, they failed to fix it for 3months whilst still in warranty, then the warranty ran out and they tried to tell me they couldn't do anything because it was out of warranty and told me I'd have to pay for the repair, when I pointed out they hadn't honoured my warranty whilst it was still valid they had no choice but to act upon it and end up resolving it by replacing it with a new laptop after finally admitting how much they'd messed me around, just a shame, like with a lot of companies who try and pull scams like that it took the threat of trading standards and taking them to court over it to make them act on it. GOA's in a lucky position that no one's willing to bother taking them to even a small claims court over a £15 subscription or whatever which is why they can get away with this type of thing.
Scary as it is Xest is totaly right on this one, although req's response might sound reasonable, how about the months unable to play a char, GOA simply didnt fulfill there commitment, if it takes senior managers to allow access to the accounts to solve the problem thats what should be done.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

OK another similar issue... but not related to GOA but still noteworthy.

My company use Dell as our hardware supplier, last year Dell won our Microsoft Lisence business. We signed contracts and paid about 15K in lisence costs for a year.

I got a letter at the begining of the year stating that our lisences were invalid and please delete the software from our systems... so I contacted Dell and was told that they had dropped the ball and our lisences had fallen through the system, subsequent discussions with Dell resulted in them saying that as Microsoft had put up their prices that we would have to pay another 3.5K on top of the amount agreed upon and paid in full last year. I have argued the case with Dell and they have gone through the process and have admitted that it is in fact their liability and have swallowed the 3.5k. As it should be in my opinion and also in fact as it should be in the opinion of Dell, whilst they have tried it on they have admitted when they are wrong and as such I have nothing but respect for Dell and their staff in their ability to deal with the problem properly.

similar... I think so... just that the scale is somewhat different.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Totally agree with Xest here also.

Erce

Post by Erce »

People are talking about contracts and guarentees, but the terms and conditions you click to play daoc say that you basically are not contracting them for any particular char, as long as they have one server up, and your game works...... you have the service you pay for.

Its harsh, but thats the truth I believe.

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

[Edit Quinlan]

Take step back and think before you post

[/edit]
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<sees where the thread is heading and curls up in corner rocking> no more :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Banana wrote:<sees where the thread is heading and curls up in corner rocking> no more :(
I know what you mean. <joins Banana in the corner and offers her milk and cake> How about you, me, and the magic frog just hide out here and ignore it all. :kallima:

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

i supposet technically they could credit the account with a days playtime log in solve the problem log out but not actually inform you of the credit and just state that the problem was resolved.

But i suppose its one of those things i dont know what powers the gms have they might not be able to do what i just stated and they are in a position where they cant really do anything about it.

The question is would you actually return to the EU servers or are you just going to stay on the US ones ? because if your never going to return then there isnt much reason for GOA to do work on the account (yes i know its crappy ) but still why increase your workload when that work is going to go to waste.

anywho i agree with nana i can see where the post is going.
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

No need for the corner Nana...
Im sick of gettin pissed off about this subject
ppl have there opinions.. no matter if there right or wrong an im sick of trying to correct em an help goa... so.. there really isnt much more i can add to the thread (thats.... if u can really call my last post "ADDING" to the thread..)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

VegetaFH1 wrote:No need for the corner Nana...
Im sick of gettin pissed off about this subject
ppl have there opinions.. no matter if there right or wrong an im sick of trying to correct em an help goa... so.. there really isnt much more i can add to the thread (thats.... if u can really call my last post "ADDING" to the thread..)
stop adding dammit don't you know we don't like that around here! :p
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”