Having played WoW...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Quinlan wrote:Cern if the enemy player is capable of spamming cc etc and interrupts you you shouldnt complain about the interrupt system but ponder why that char is free to cast while you are not.

In the old Western movies, where two Cowboys were in a duel, the one with the fastest draw usually won. The same is true in DAoC. The caster with the fastest cast will have the edge... especially if it's a mezz or a stun.

So in defence of Cernos' statement, a lot does depend on what bonuses you have from ToA stuff, how high RR you are etc.

So, the interrupt timer DOES need changing, I feel. It needs revamping because the game has changed almost beyond recognition in some aspects. The whole magic system needs looking at too, in certain cases... for example, Light Eldritches although powerful, need another spell to give them more variety. Light Eldritches originally (in the very early days of DAoC) had an aoe stun... but it was taken away. Nothing was given in return, so they have a deficiency. Maybe a baseline pb?

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Make mezz immunity longer.

Make all spec lines more versatile

but plz, plz, plz dont make things uninterrupable.

A sorc who can mezz/root/nuke/debuff and have a uber pet who is not uninterruptable makes my hair stand on length.

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Quinlan wrote:Cern if the enemy player is capable of spamming cc etc and interrupts you you shouldnt complain about the interrupt system but ponder why that char is free to cast while you are not.
Just a few of the reasons might be 1) better casting speed (ToA gear etc) 2) MoC and other realm abilities 3) outnumbering 4) getting the jump 5) range differences (e.g. bolt range mezz) 6) class imbalances between realms.
IMO the interrupt system is fine. Change it and welcome back dark age of castalot
Well obviously you would change it in conjunction with other changes to keep things in balance (such as more sensible caps on cast speeds and lots of other possible changes). Mythic of course never do things in this manner, they just make knee jerk changes that cause a pendulum effect with class balance.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

IMO the interrupt system is fine. Change it and welcome back dark age of castalot
Spoken like someone of high RR, high ML and well ToA'd and running in (semi-) regular groups. ;)

If I didn't know how few hours you played I would suggest rolling a new 50 with regular SC and seeing if you think the Interupt system is fine... But tbh I wouldn't even inflict that pain on Gandelf :o

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Im just wondering what we will give the poor tanks if Mages will gain something like this O_o, as tanks is the once that is worst of atm really and feels most boring to play, I wouldent mind having a mage class to play, and if you change interrupts you need to change alot to balance it, so is fine imo if you know how to play well ;D ofcourse it´s annoying with interrupts, but it´s also needed, have played Eld, Enc and all kinds of mage classes, just not got one TOA ready though, Wish I had -_-
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cernos wrote:Interupts in Daoc are a problem for a lot of players. Yes if you're fully ToA twinked and are high realm rank with access to higher levels of MoC etc, then you probably don't suffer too much from interupts. But if you're not - forget it. I got tired of never getting a spell off in many fights due to interupts.

The basic problem is, and always has been, that too many different things can interupt you. Damage or spells intended to interupt should. Spammed crowd control and resisted spells shouldn't. But Mythic have always failed to address this flaw in the interupts code.

Rather than new expansions that try to mimic WoW and other games, Mythic should fix core gameplay and game balance issues in Daoc and then they might win back some of the players who have left and gain some new ones.
Disagree, on my theurgist, interrupts are the only thing standing between me and soloing full groups and I don't have MoC and likely never will have :p Interrupts are needed as is, period.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Bugzy wrote:Make mezz immunity longer.

Make all spec lines more versatile

but plz, plz, plz dont make things uninterrupable.

A sorc who can mezz/root/nuke/debuff and have a uber pet who is not uninterruptable makes my hair stand on length.

I am not saying completely uninterruptable. All I would like to see is less chance of being interrupted, or some system that delays when a spell is cast.

As it is now the chances of resisting being interrupted are very low (without MoC and Quickcast). Even Quickcast from my experience has its limitations and has no guarantee of working every time.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Ovi wrote:Spoken like someone of high RR, high ML and well ToA'd and running in (semi-) regular groups. ]If I didn't know how few hours you played I would suggest rolling a new 50 with regular SC and seeing if you think the Interupt system is fine... But tbh I wouldn't even inflict that pain on Gandelf[/b] :o

My learnèd friend has "hit the nail right on the head" with this statement.
Those players who can't afford to play frequently (maybe because of family commitments etc.) and who find it difficult to level even one character to 50 and get every artefact possible.... let alone climb the realm ranks high enough to buy all those nice abilities doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance against "I am Mr. ToA Uberness".

The game favours those who play virtually non-stop. "Casual" players find it harder to compete. Mythic have already introduced measures to help casual players to level more quickly, but they still don't go far enough. Those measures only help you in reaching level 50. Level 50 is only the end of the beginning and is the easy part. What follows after level 50 is the hard bit!

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

[quote="Elrandhir"]Im just wondering what we will give the poor tanks if Mages will gain something like this O_o, as tanks is the once that is worst of atm really and feels most boring to play, I wouldent mind having a mage class to play, and if you change interrupts you need to change alot to balance it, so is fine imo if you know how to play well ]

With all due respect, I hear a lot about these "poor tanks", but they are not so helpless...

Avoidance of Magic
Mastery of Pain
Determination
Ignore Pain
The Empty Mind
Soldier's Barricade
Stoicism

To name the main ones.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Gandelf wrote:With all due respect, I hear a lot about these "poor tanks", but they are not so helpless...

Avoidance of Magic
Mastery of Pain
Determination
Ignore Pain
The Empty Mind
Soldier's Barricade
Stoicism

To name the main ones.
well helpless no, can play most classes really, but have to look from all aspects not just from Mages, can´t just change one class like that and get it balanced more like make my class p00wn everyone, I like playing hero even thought it aint as fun atm as it was before, I would like to have a mage to play and don´t need any changes to do so.

seeing how well mages do in RvR atm shows they are ok as they are and would be to good if changeing interrupts, and I would say the same thing if my main would be a mage ;D

Still don´t matter to me really what they do, what changes in a patch will, and just have to change playstyle after changes ^^
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”