Plat/PLing for cash... Can it be stopped?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

[quote="Requiel"] If you couldn't get a template unless you played 24 hours a day for five days straight, that would be wrong and would make the game inaccessible to anyone who worked for a living. Happily that's not the case. QUOTE]

Well, that was not exactly true here what you say in the end. I am not trying to have a go at you because you are not a Dev. As has been mentioned before about poor game design, Trials of Atlantis in its original state required quite alot longer than 120 hours of game play to get that template. I had no BB and I am unemployed and was playing most of the day, it took me months to get my template - purely because the design of the game gave those with BB's advantage in PvE. It was just far too much regulation on that expansion and ultimately turned the community against each other due to the obvious unfairness of the expansion.

It very badly designed and I really hope Mythic learned a very hard lesson about this because with the new expansion aimed at returning to Atlantis, I really do hope that for the sake of the remaining players that they go easy on you. On a personal note I had hoped that Mythic would return to Shrouded Isles for the next expansion as you can clearly see they did leave openings there for the future. It's just too bad that they did consider and still do quite emphatically Atlantis as their 'baby' so to speak.

On Req's note about MMO's and community, during the beta test of DDO earlier this year, the game design was purely based on grouping. Ok, the class system was different in the PvE and thus made all classes relevant to grouping because of the game design. However there was a massive cry for solo content mainly because grouping in an MMORPG is not always viable due to having the right type of classes/people on at the same time - dynamic of game play is an important issue here. Codemasters caved in and now there is quite a bit of Dungeons and Dragons online that has solo content. :)
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Gandelf wrote:If Requiel is being honest about the percentage of PvE players being far greater than the percentage for RvR, then RvR in no way can be the end game for the majority of players. If Requiel has all the statistics to prove this, then why should he lie? We have to trust Requiel's word for it and if it is true that RvR is a minority pastime, then I just don't understand why there are still players who are disputing this. Everyone knows that Elizabeth II is the current British Monarch—who in their right mind would dispute this fact unless they were "off their rockers"?

I do believe however that GOA/Mythic are guilty of not doing something about buffbots and it is clearly down to money grabbing.

Buffbots are wrong. They need to be got rid of.
PLing services are wrong. They need to be stopped.
Plat for cash is also wrong. It needs to be stopped.
Anything designed to bypass game content is wrong. It should be stopped.

End of story.

And iraq did have WMD.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:And iraq did have WMD.

HAHAHAHAHA :D

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Gandelf wrote:If Requiel is being honest about the percentage of PvE players being far greater than the percentage for RvR, then RvR in no way can be the end game for the majority of players. If Requiel has all the statistics to prove this, then why should he lie? We have to trust Requiel's word for it and if it is true that RvR is a minority pastime, then I just don't understand why there are still players who are disputing this. Everyone knows that Elizabeth II is the current British Monarch—who in their right mind would dispute this fact unless they were "off their rockers"?

I do believe however that GOA/Mythic are guilty of not doing something about buffbots and it is clearly down to money grabbing.

Buffbots are wrong. They need to be got rid of.

End of story.
Tbh when there are 130 ppl non anon in Hib prime time and let's say 20% are buffbots (not all peeps put their bbs anon or it will be more btw xD) it leaves some more than 100 peeps on, of em 60 are in NF, i'd say 40 are pveing or not? and maybe of em 20-30% are pled toons -.-
Anyway surely he knows better than me :P
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I realy dont get how people in daoc can pay for plat, considering how easy it is to raise youself. You can exp a char to 50 within a few days without to much hassel so cant see who would actualy pay someone to do it.

and to add to that, I realy dont think either of it is very common in the daoc world. Not like money buying is in like say WoW where it is alot harder to come by.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Gandelf wrote:If Requiel is being honest about the percentage of PvE players being far greater than the percentage for RvR, then RvR in no way can be the end game for the majority of players. If Requiel has all the statistics to prove this, then why should he lie? We have to trust Requiel's word for it and if it is true that RvR is a minority pastime...
I dont have to trust Requiel and if he has the stats why not post them in terms of numbers of boxes sold /accounts opened per month over the last 3 years along with some of the stats he claims make up this fantasy world of non rvr players. (im sure we would see that there were some pretty poor sales figures throughout... and I mean actual sales not the number that left the factory to sit in the warehouse.)

In the past I have presented raw data and facts to GOA... which they did nothing with... I among others presented data about the community that we were told GOA did not have access to... now the fact that I could get the data from the public domain but GOA said they couldnt do it points to me that either they were stupid or they were lying. Take your pick.

Each person is entitled to their opinion and I have mine but will refrain from expressing its full force here on this community site.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

-yes PVE holds in game the .......0 PVE'ing people left in my guild.
-yes SI is and Classic Daoc is crowded with people.
-yes people like killing monsters in ToA because they look so good, and they dont need the money, or the artis.
-yes all go to ML's because its fun to make them

rofl

End of the story Mr.G.

-BB are right because fighting without is like in slowmotion,only for gimps
-Pleveling service and Plat for cash cannot be hindered....but who cares the one wich dont have time to do the essentiels will fall anyway in RVR.
I always love when i come 1-1 against one of these noobs who cannot master his char

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:Buffbots are wrong. They need to be got rid of.
You're wrong, you need to be stopped :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

ever seen Gandelf and Requiel in the same room at the same time?

or is this a case of the lone ranger with Tonto?

;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Takitothemacs wrote:ever seen Gandelf and Requiel in the same room at the same time?
Yes

Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”