Erce

Post by Erce »

found this from the 29th August.

Xalin
[GOA] English Servers GM

[INFO] Prydwen down
Update:

Quite possibly the least informative update since the creation of updates:
I don't have any new news. I just spoke to our techies and they're waiting for the Mythic techies to get into work. I might have some more news in an hour or two.

Last thing I heard was that we're still trying to clean up the database and that this will be a monster job.

As predicted I'll keep this thread locked so the updates don't drown.

Feel free to continue the discussion here

If you have any questions (don't take the piss with this) pm them to me. I will NOT respond to your PM's but I might put your question and answer in the next update.

Q: The day Prydwen was down I was supposed to pay my house. Will it still be there when the server comes back online?
A: When the server comes back up the game time will only have progressed several minutes or less. So it's like time stood still so your house will still be there. If your house was due to be repossessed 2 hours after it was shutdown it will now be repossessed 2 hours after the server comes back online.

Q: Is it a coincidence that this bug happened right after a 100 characters were banned?
A: Yes it is.

Q: Have GoA/Mythic had technical personell working around the clock since server shutdown wednesday last week, trying to solve the Prydwen problem?
A: Not around the clock litterally, as in 24/7, but I can assure you we have worked on it as much as we could and it continues to be our biggest priority.

Q: Will there be a "grace period" between Prydwen coming back up and clustering Prydwen and Excal
A: Yes. As it stands now we will be able to bring the database back almost completely but there might be some work left and untill we're sure Prydwen is good again we won't cluster.

Sorry for the questions I couldn't reply to. Most were "what if" questions and I simply can't afford to fuel rumors by replying to possible scenario's people come up with.

And sorry for not responding to the most asked question: "When will Prydwen be back up" ... trust me I'd reply to it if I knew but then again I'd post it as soon as I found out so you won't have to ask me again.

[GOA] English Servers GM

Found on this thread. http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t ... ge=1&pp=10

Guess theythink 500 people missing items is "good"

Diddum
Emerald Rider

Post by Diddum »

I'm very annoyed about this restoration process, it takes too long. I have waited for over a month to get my items back (nothing happened yet) on my main char and I don't realy like to play anything else than my vamp atm so it's been a fucked up month daoc wise.

Hope you solve the problem very fast after you've clustered the servers.
Prydwen/Hibernia
Diddum - 4L7 - NS
Oriz - 6l0 - Vamp
Gonz - 3L8 - Druid
Rizo - 3l5 - Hero

Excalibur/Midgard
Gonz - 6L0 - SM
Gonzine - 3L4 - Hunter

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Erce wrote:found this from the 29th August.

Xalin
[GOA] English Servers GM
Q: Will there be a "grace period" between Prydwen coming back up and clustering Prydwen and Excal
A: Yes. As it stands now we will be able to bring the database back almost completely but there might be some work left and untill we're sure Prydwen is good again we won't cluster.

Found on this thread. http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t ... ge=1&pp=10

Guess theythink 500 people missing items is "good"
What he means is that we wouldn't cluster until we were confident that the servers were stable and there were no additional technical problems. It has nothing to do with the state of characters on the server, just whether or not the server is in a stable state for clustering.

Frankly I have to confess that I'm a little bewildered at this. I can understand people being upset that it's taking so long, that's a fair complaint. I've explained why it's takign so long but I can understand how that's little comfort to anyone who can't play their main, however as I've said clustering is something that has been anticipated since July, the community wants it, the technical reasons not to cluster have passed and there is no good reason to not cluster. The people who are waiting for item replacements will not be waiting one day longer as a result of this.

Erce

Post by Erce »

I am a little bewildered by the apparent lack of ANY restorations for the past 2 weeks, if people are not being taken off restoration for patches etc, and clustering isn;t affecting the restorations, why are people still waiting when it appears they were only a few places away 2 weeks ago.

I know I may appear confrontational, but to me persoanlly, in the world, trust, and keeping ones word is above everything else, so this does bring out the worst in me.

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Requiel wrote: clustering is something that has been anticipated since July, the community wants it, the technical reasons not to cluster have passed and there is no good reason to not cluster. The people who are waiting for item replacements will not be waiting one day longer as a result of this.
I'm a little bewildered because of why people don't see the logic in this statement. It makes absolute perfect sense to cluster now.
Of course it might seem rude to those with lost items, but you're putting the needs of less than 500 people in front of the needs of 2 server populations who have had to wait for clustering for 4 months now.

Kelalle
Emerald Rider

Post by Kelalle »

lets face it , GOA , since the launch, have in one way or another , ***** the English speaking community about .
At launch , the English speaking servers were 15days behind the French and German launch cause " GOA **** up the Key Codes - didn't produce enough "
Little to no adverts , and the standard English speaking clients , being restricted to 2 standard servers ( ie 2/3 of the game ) . ( Camlann is NOT a STANDARD SERVER ) .
Then we have expansions , again , its been a farce for the English speaking servers , with Expansions being either later than the other servers in terms of release , or supply has been non existant , with GOA struggling to find someone to host online sales because marketing ****** up .
Well , i've been waiting 7+ weeks now for them to fix my second account . That account was paid for on a 3month block , which runs out today .
I personally am gonna give GOA the big middle finger in return and take my wallet elsewhere .
Yes i am angry , some of you will no doubt say " dude, chill , its only a game " . While thats true , its also a service that i PAY for , and that service is no longer worth paying for any longer .
Prydwen
Cueair - Bard -
Malanari - 50 Vampiir -
Galagah - 50 Ranger -
Numerous other alts ...

Glastonbury
Malanari - 50 Warlock
Bonieari - Bonedancer
Roonie - Runemaster
Anerae - Valkyrie

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Kelalle wrote:"dude, chill , its only a game "

/Ankh

Elfinaaaaii
Emerald Rider

Post by Elfinaaaaii »

first off all requiel:

FINISH ur problems befor getting new ones, chances are high that cluster will have got sum "child"problems at start, and it's never good to lie to ur customers, because that's what we are.

Then, I can only speak for myself here, but I'am pretty sure that there are allot more with this view:

Voteïng for: Yes or No against cluster aint a option!!!
Because, I have reasons to vote yes, (more people in rvr, untill classic arives... and when that slims, daoc is DEAD!)
I have reasons to vote no: Community's are very different, then i got toons on excal i wanne play, i got toons on prydwen i wanne play.. but to swap em.. i cant play em for 8 hours... /clapperdeclap.

And yes, you guy's look at the "majority" of the people (but with such pathes / lies to us there wont bee a majority left, coz everyone leaves, a customer not satisfied, goes to another shop??) but every time the minority has to suffer big time from this, and each patch the minority hsa been like 30 / 40% ? .. maybe look at ur player ratins be4 trowing another patch against it.

After each patch loootss of people leave, and after a while 80% of them returns.. but aint that a message to u? increase the graphics, decrease the PVE patches. and incrase the scroll rate more imo.

Elfinaaaaii
Emerald Rider

Post by Elfinaaaaii »

Requiel wrote:blablabla , however as I've said clustering is something that has been anticipated since July, the community wants it, the technical reasons not to cluster have passed and there is no good reason to not cluster. The people who are waiting for item replacements will not be waiting one day longer as a result of this.

what community we still cant play our "community toons"

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Requiel have chars been restored lately?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”