....so Requiel leaves

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

....so Requiel leaves

Post by Sharkith »

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-discussion-18/217711-changes-goa-4.html

This was predicted a long time ago (Maxis group might remember the discussion) shortly after the 'A discussion' thread started on FH. I won't say what I am thinking now.

This was no surprise to me or many of those I know of course.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Hmm

Yknow it could be for the best..
Sure you wont have a comm manager you kinda know anymore but well, if mythic/goa really are nerfing the assistance/cover you get in Daoc it might help the game ;p

lets face it, last couple of bust ups have been because goa stopped something happeneing which upset the player community :)

EQ1 still goes strong despite EQ2 so DaoC still will survive and possibly be better for those playing :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

However will DAoC cope without such an insightful, fair, unbiased GM on the server.

It's great to hear however that GOA is still putting their greatest, most unbiased, fair, insightful GM into a community liaison role for WAR:
Requiel wrote:Our biggest effort for WAR is going to be the community stuff. That's all I'm going to be doing, I'm not going to be a GM or a CSR. All my job will entail is facing the players and working the communities.
Also rather interesting:
Requiel wrote:To answer some of the questions about Goa and WAR. This will be a very different project to DAoC. We've learnt a lot of things and have a lot more resources available to us this time around. We also have a much stronger partnership with Mythic for WAR.
and...
Requiel wrote:We want to give English speaking European players more added value for choosing our servers over the US ones and the best way for us to do that is through our community involvement. We intend to match or exceed Mythic at every level of service and we're putting together a very strong team to do that with, - part of that is having a team of people who are solely tasked with making sure we're in touch with the players.
The second quote contradicts the first, one of the major problems with GOA's running of the European servers was their meddling with the game trying to do things differently to Mythic and breaking things in the process. If GOA will have such a closer relationship with Mythic for WAR then why the hell are they already talking about trying to out-do Mythic? Just offering an identical service would be a good target for GOA to aim for to start with.

The fact they're keeping Requiel on in a community liaison role alone demonstrates that GOA has absolutely no understanding of their community and the countless problems he has been responsible for in such a customer facing role.

This attempt at spin just reaffirms my belief that GOA isn't going to change for WAR quite frankly. If instead they'd come forward and said "Requiel is going to be a GM and not be dealing with the community face to face" and also said "We intend to make the European WAR service as identical to the US service as possible" they would've been onto something. How can they honestly suggest they've changed when in their very own words they demonstrate quite the opposite? GOA just don't get it still - all they need to do is run the servers in a professional manner, offer a tech. support service and provide GMs to answer/resolve day to day in game queries. They don't need to piss around failing miserably at supposedly building a community (the community does that itself and did long before even Kemor came on the scene) and also change/modify/add and hence break content.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[Quote=Requiel]
...added value for choosing our servers over the US ones ...
[/Quote]

I found that the most interesting part, if it really is true that we do get a choice about where to play! :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

yeah Mythic will not block ips from here playing directly on their servers. Ghan got it from them directly.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sharkith wrote:yeah Mythic will not block ips from here playing directly on their servers. Ghan got it from them directly.

What about payments though? I believe that LOTRO needed a Credit Card with a US address? Although if Game Cards are available that's easily enough got around too.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ovi wrote:What about payments though? I believe that LOTRO needed a Credit Card with a US address? Although if Game Cards are available that's easily enough got around too.

hmm that sucks
so the standard signup with the beverly hills 90210 wouldnt work then huh?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Sharkith wrote:yeah Mythic will not block ips from here playing directly on their servers. Ghan got it from them directly.

comf:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

What about payments though? I believe that LOTRO needed a Credit Card with a US address? Although if Game Cards are available that's easily enough got around too.
Dont think they give a flying fart, since u can use CC everywhere.

What might not be accessable in Europe are game cards to the US servers, but for EU servers only.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”