Back for a quick look :)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Back for a quick look :)

Post by Nejtun »

Hello all :) , havent played daoc for ages, and from some of the posts it looks like prydwen/excal is completely deserted :o
are there actually any english servers still available without me having to buy anm american client ? i had something on the english classic server as well but 1) cant even remember what it was called :p and 2) cant remember which account i had a char on so gotta be careful which one i activate :)

Dont really fancy playing on the free servers. ( come to think of it i am sure the classic server was called glastonbury , is it still running ? )

hi to all :)
Nejtun
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

i think glastonbury was clustered with the german classic server, and for that to happen they had to change the language of glastonbury to german.
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Nejtun wrote:Dont really fancy playing on the free servers
Why on earth not? :¬)

Log on and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Well I was anyway

Only been on there about 10 days, got a Level 22 Chanter with 150g and had a full group a lot of the time, but even the solo exp is brilliant. getting cap when i solo oranges, even with the pet out :¬). DF is pretty much evenly split between the realms for most of the time and there's a perma 25% exp bonus in there, plus seals galore!

Did I metion they're free as well so, what's to lose?

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Hoonius wrote:Did I metion they're free as well so, what's to lose?
Your free server virginity?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

hey you three :)
nice to see people still here,
i was kinda hoping to fire my account back up and go ahead with my old characters , but after a little more digging today and seeing a population of 87 across all 4 uk servers my heart sank a little :p

glast is merged with a german server you say? are all the quests and NPC text in german as well ? or does it still run in whatever language my client is in?

in response to your " why not " though hoonius , in all the years i have played MMO's free server have usually meant "unofficial , unsupported , posssible hack chances and general bad things " . this seems to not be the case i guess.

any insight to GOA's take on these ?
sorry for all the questions but i thought i might get them out of the way :P so here are a few more.

ought my chars from pryd hib still to be intact? ( they managed to survive that huge server wipe thing we had a couple of years ago) , what about the couple i made on classic glast? were those ones automatically moved to the german place.

i was also reading something about mythic wanting to make an " old frontiers " style server , i still have a couple of american accounts , so maybe worth firing one of those up. share your views on this project if you have been keeping up :) , it looks quite exciting.

finally, if i did restart my account , will i just be there on pryd with the 10 other guys ? or did people get an option to move their chars elsewhere at some point ?

i am going to do a little more digging now that i am home from work and see if i can shed some more light on the way things are going,

thanks in advance if you can answer any of my things , or even just give links to old threads if ( i am sure they have ) these things have been asked many times before :)

i actually tried AoC for the first free month and found it quite dull , but may give it a bit more of a try when some of the bugs have been ironed out.

cheers mates :)
Nejtun
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

I'm the same with AoC to be honest. It looks really nice but i'm not feeling that attached to my characters like i'm used to. DAoC is that much harder to play you kinda feel a bit more connected after playing

GOA are probably not liking the freeshards but i'm not sure wht they can do about them. They can't be that pro-active in all honesty; Uthgard has apparently been up for 3 years and it's still going, and with 100000% more population than on Prydwen currently.

I think there's been a recent wipe of realm points though and this has lost them a few players, i'm not 100% what went on because most of the dialogue is in German, as are a lot of the population. Strange coincidence that the most popular server in the GOA version are also the German servers

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

Hi Nejtun

Free shards are a good option at the minute. If you want something new (but old :-) ) Mythic are in the process of creating an 'Origins' server on US which is hopefully gonna be popular, and this will basically be an 'OF and no expansions' server - trying to recapture the early days of DAoC, sort of...

You don't need to pay for a new client either, just download the free trial and expansions up to Cata from Mythic website, then get patched and you're away. You will still need to pay but with current exchange rate its only £8 sterling.
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Lenah

Post by Lenah »

Psst.

What freeshard would you suggest?? That would actually have players on it, and be more english than german =)

And tell no one I was here. I wasn't. Honestly.
Lenah 50 Bard ML8 sojourner
Eluwien 50 Eld ML5 conv
Harazer 50 Ench PVE only
Harapon 50 Bard BB PVE only
Bloodcure 50 Druid ML1 perf
Krnzacgh 50 Ani ML1 conv
Crystaleye 50 BM
Grilfriend 50 Druid BB
Sithknight 50 Hero

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abe Lincoln

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Uthgard, its the best :) Been around for 4+ years and really nice people there... real Classic though hehe! :o
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Evade
Emerald Rider

omg ?! :O

Post by Evade »

Okay, so I am at work, bored. I think hey lets go to prydwen.net and see if the old forum is still up.
And OMG i see nejtun posted ! :D:O:D:O

I was like "wtf m8 ?!".

How you doing ? :)

Best Regards,

Lao aka elvaniel (I think it was :P)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”