Free week

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Eyrea
Emerald Rider

Free week

Post by Eyrea »

Well, I got a mail saying my account is open for a week, so I thought, what the hell and downloaded the client. It was actually quite nice walking around the classic lands and checking out places like Muire Tomb or Bog. Could use some company though, there's wasn't too many people online.

Is everyone playing the free servers nowadays?

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

A yeah just saw that mail too. Was a bit surpised and wondered who the **** opened my acounts but this explains it :)
finland:
holland:

Eyrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Eyrea »

I took a peek in a free server, Uthgard. It was unbelievable. There was constant RvR action, people were nice, low level xp groups going. Im losing my faith in the internet! Anonymity in the net, especially while using a free service should turn any normal and sane person in a complete *******! It like the law of the nature!

Think I'll keep playing there for a while ;)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I'm back on Prydwen for the free week, but I won't be subscribing as there are too few players to make it worthwhile.
It is nice to see my old cottage again.
It's quite sad actually. I found it upsetting. When I think how it used to be... it's like it was all a dream. All the hours I spent levelling my class and spellcrafting... in the end it was all for nothing. But that's mmorpgs for you! They are not real life! In the end they're just another computer game.
Of course, the people who play them are real and it's sad to lose touch with such folk, but in the end real life is the reality and the thing that is most important.
Anyhow it's nice to be back in Pryd Hib.
Wouldn't it be great if we could all come back? I know other games have come along since, but like I've said, they are all games and we'll lose interest with them all at some point. So if that's the case, what's stopping us from coming all back to DAoC? It could potentially be as good as it ever was—if we wanted!
Regards to you all,
Gandelf

By the way: It is rather nice to see my name back at the top of the list of Spellcrafters again on the rankings on Camelot Europe! ;)

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I wonder if it would have been a good idea for them to specify a specific 'recommended' time for people to login. Most people logged in and saw and empty server and then logged off.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Eyrea
Emerald Rider

Post by Eyrea »

Gandelf, I suggest you check out the Uthgard server. As far as I know, there's nothing fishy or illegal about the free servers, it's an open source project. You only need to follow the DAoC client EULA and that's it. Head to http://www.daocportal.net/?page=serverlist and move from there on. Or direct link to Uthgard pages is http://www.uthgard-server.net/index.php?name=Index

It's running version 1.80 rules, no expansions, except the frontier area is New Frontiers, but only Agramon area. The SI classes and races are in (with the exception of Necromancer as there is some problems with the pet scripts as well as Bonedancer pets are somewhat broken). Here's a pretty good post about what is going on http://www.uthgard-server.net/modules.p ... pic&t=8753. The staff is really dedicated and people are nice. There's that hibbi love in the air.. or its just someone smoking pot, which is essentially the same thing.

Downside is, you gotta start over. I rolled a warden, specd it blades/nurt and killed Bantam Spectres for a while ;) .. until I remembered wardens don't get shield spec in 1.80 and now I'm trying to figure out what to do or how to spec next. But definitely will be logging back in tonight.

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

I only let subs drop for a few months since I started playing - it's actually busier on there now than it has been for months, maybe a year. But it's all relative - 25 hibs online at peak time is busy nowadays! Will be back to 3-4 again after this week no doubt, don't think will be renewing accounts for that.

Quite a few pryd old timers still seem to play daoc if the forums are anythign to go by, but they ain't playing dyvet: mainly between german servers, US and freeshards. Shame they ended up split all over.
Mael, 50th ment.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Eyrea wrote:Gandelf, I suggest you check out the Uthgard server. As far as I know, there's nothing fishy or illegal about the free servers, it's an open source project. You only need to follow the DAoC client EULA and that's it. Head to http://www.daocportal.net/?page=serverlist and move from there on. Or direct link to Uthgard pages is http://www.uthgard-server.net/index.php?name=Index
Surely using Mythic's IP without permission is illegal.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Eyrea wrote:Gandelf, I suggest you check out the Uthgard server.

I've tried Uthgard. It's good, but levelling is extremely slow... as slow as it was when DAoC first came out.

Also, I think a lot of the quests have been removed, so you couldn't get bits of armour, jewellery, weaponry etc. As far as I'm aware you have to rely on crafters.

It's basically barebones DAoC... just the basic gameplay without any of the enhancements that came along after SI... in fact, last time I looked there was no SI, just Classic.

Sporin Claymore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sporin Claymore »

I had to have a scout about today, found Satyn's house... & robbed it! mwahaha:
...Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most! paranoid:

Hib/Pryd: Officer of Fallen Spirits
Sporin 50 NS (LGM Alcy) :shade:
Carolanne 50 Warden (700+ ACer) :glare:
Loretta 50 Bard
Laughyng 50 Hero (LGM WCer)
Ecosse 50 Enchanter (LGM SCer)
Galloway 50 Druid