Old Frontiers back on Freeshard

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Old Frontiers back on Freeshard

Post by Gandelf »

I thought I'd share some very exciting news... you can play in the Old Frontiers once more on the "Uthgard" free shard sever on DAoC portal. You have to download the DAoC Portal software, the game client (over 3GB) and the Old Frontiers patch.
I can't tell you how great it is to see the Old Frontiers again after all these years... especially the old Milegates. It's confirmed for me that Classic DAoC was by far the best... this is confirmed by the fact that 700-800 regular players are on the Uthgard server every day... it's just like the old times... you'll even find me there, the Elf Mana Eldritch named Gandelf!
Fair enough, levelling is quite slow, because it's at Classic levels, but give it a try, you'll love it.

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Gandelf wrote:I thought I'd share some very exciting news... you can play in the Old Frontiers once more on the "Uthgard" free shard sever on DAoC portal. You have to download the DAoC Portal software, the game client (over 3GB) and the Old Frontiers patch.
I can't tell how great it is to see the Old Frontiers again after all these years... especially the old Milegates. It's confirmed for me that Classic DAoC was by far the best... this is confirmed by the fact that 700-800 regular players are on the Uthgard server every day... it's just like the old times... you'll even find me there, the Elf Mana Eldritch named Gandelf!
Fair enough, levelling is quite slow, because it's at Classic levels, but give it a try, you'll love it.
OF action has been amazing as well. Emain once again runs red with the blood of a thousand fallen soldiers (mostly my group but hey :¬) ) Level 50 RvR takes many forms from solo, 8v8 to full on 100v100 zergs from all sides. It's really tied the room together as it were. They are talking about reviving the old RA list as well

Keepers of the Sacred Nut even reformed there since OF hit

Hoonius the Elven Mana Enchanter is there. I even rolled a bard lol

Are you still in Dawn of Chaos Gand?

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Hoonius wrote:OF action has been amazing as well. Emain once again runs red with the blood of a thousand fallen soldiers (mostly my group but hey :¬) ) Level 50 RvR takes many forms from solo, 8v8 to full on 100v100 zergs from all sides. It's really tied the room together as it were. They are talking about reviving the old RA list as well

Keepers of the Sacred Nut even reformed there since OF hit

Hoonius the Elven Mana Enchanter is there. I even rolled a bard lol

Are you still in Dawn of Chaos Gand?

Yes, I'm still with DoC, although the guild seems a bit quiet. I might consider joining another guild, if you know of any good ones ;)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Just goes to show that the old saying is true... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Hoonius

Post by Hoonius »

Gandelf wrote:Yes, I'm still with DoC, although the guild seems a bit quiet. I might consider joining another guild, if you know of any good ones ;)
I'm in Mystical Knights on Hoonius but it's all much of a muchness. I jsut group with non-guildies most nights anyway as there's rarely enough interest in RvR to form an 8man. People log on at different times but we still get a lot of RPs collectively, jsut not in the same group

I'd be happy to get you invited though if you want to try it out

Tabu
Emerald Rider

Post by Tabu »

Uthgard is truly amazing. Population keeps growing. New server and OF, could not be better. The action is good aswell.

Dreawyth 50 Theurg - Black Adders
Draewyth 48 Infil - Black Adders
:clover:
Wass ju tu bi djelluss of mai pyjamas ?
Wass ju ?
Ju is tu bi djelluss of mai not having pyjamas

Earendil
Emerald Rider

Post by Earendil »

Everyone come to Uth!! :o

Im Tigris/Anarion/Wildcat there (on hib) :)
Earendil Halfelven, seasoned Eldritch.
Zakoraya Wildcat, Blademaster of Severance.

Lingering on Uthgard, the last stronghold...

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”