General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

No one mentioned (Eoli)Ratty :/

Guinnessrules
Emerald Rider

Post by Guinnessrules »

Wouldn't it be fun to see the kill-spams of Sinister and Blood (he is on sometimes i know) and all those other old enemies.
Remember it was always a fear to run from Sausage to excalibur to defend it, Sinister and Blood always camped that way (this was back in my old alb days). :)
Never forget seeing the message xxxxx was killed by Sinister in salisbury plains, omg was we all freaked out when we saw that, lol. And somehow Sinister didn't play for a few weeks after that episode, he he.
NFD
Guinnessrules 50 champ RR4L1
Grules 50 anim RR3L9
Guinn 50 drood
Tamp 50 ranger RR3L9
Purppillz 50 vamp
Guinnster 43 shade
Guinnie 43 bard
Dragun still 41 chanter RR2L8
Painshee 25 Bainshee
Na Amadan
Tampico 48 drood GM
All active atm! (again) :D

AND PROUD FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Guinnessrules wrote:Wouldn't it be fun to see the kill-spams of Sinister and Blood (he is on sometimes i know) and all those other old enemies.
Remember it was always a fear to run from Sausage to excalibur to defend it, Sinister and Blood always camped that way (this was back in my old alb days). :)
Never forget seeing the message xxxxx was killed by Sinister in salisbury plains, omg was we all freaked out when we saw that, lol. And somehow Sinister didn't play for a few weeks after that episode, he he.
They stopped being scary when everyone found out the only reason they did so well is because they used buffbots from day 1 of DAoC, then we realised it was just lame because they were like the only bot users on the server almost :p I didn't start my bot until at least 9 months after release and I was only about the 2nd person in Hib to have one, a lot of Mids had them from release and a few Albs did. Mid was first to really abuse bots, followed closely by Alb and Hib was in a clear last place in the original bot race on Pryd.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Xest wrote:They stopped being scary when everyone found out the only reason they did so well is because they used buffbots from day 1 of DAoC, then we realised it was just lame because they were like the only bot users on the server almost :p I didn't start my bot until at least 9 months after release and I was only about the 2nd person in Hib to have one, a lot of Mids had them from release and a few Albs did. Mid was first to really abuse bots, followed closely by Alb and Hib was in a clear last place in the original bot race on Pryd.
bah i dont believe it, i thought it was just blood being "OP" like most archers back then or perhaps the bugged bow hunters had. Really didnt relise some peeps used bb's from day one.
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Well he was two like, two shotting heroes, that was down to a lot more than archers being overpowered back then ;) In fact to be honest with you, euro barely even got the overpowered archers patch, most the nerfs had landed on US and been translated to euro before people had hit level 30 or so here. That said the original round of archer nerfs went on for a year or more so they were probably still a little strong for a few months after euro release but I'm pretty sure archers were never at their peak on euro like they were on US - I remember seeing some of the biggest nerfs in the notes before I was even level 20 (Highest on server were Mids at about lvl30 - 40 at the time iirc) and I was one of the higher hibs around (in the top 20 to 30 or so) back then.

Phoenixx
Emerald Rider

Post by Phoenixx »

Just a few i remember of old:-

Slayn, Tuorin , Firehawk, Syndicate, Ulrackfreeleader, Eyaslashy (mad lil spanish BM), Hans, Gyneth, Gitt, Locomo (has to be mentioned alot coz he woz so big!! the 1st person to break the 3k HP barrier iirc), Luuna, Etharion, Slaraigh, Downanael, and who could forget the irrepressible Eelich (aka singularity, kalvarin etc...), Reedemer, Quinlan, Trelawney....

I have forgotten more than i remember, must b coz of all the drugs :monkey:

p.s :- remember Kids....Just say NO!!

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

[quote="Xest"]Well he was two like, two shotting heroes, that was down to a lot more than archers being overpowered back then ]

Fair enough then, was going to say by time i was going running in frontiers and ofc thid ;) i didnt find archers overpowered at all. tho it took me a very long time to level so :p
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Bourkey"]Fair enough then, was going to say by time i was going running in frontiers and ofc thid ]
Yeah, I still have nightmares of the days where a caster could quickcast a spell on you between you popping bladeturn and preparing your next shot then being left with no counter whatsoever, looking back it does kinda make you appreciate rapid fire and sureshot in some ways ;)

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

it mainly makes me think, BT ruined the whole point of archers :p no longer can we one hit a caster :( unless they are completely stupid and stand still after the bt's down.

Ivory
Emerald Rider

Post by Ivory »

You know what no one ever remembers me :( do shift I on your armour :) prob one of mine.

Ivory / Snowdrop / Oceanspirit

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”