new to daoc/where to start best

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

new to daoc/where to start best

Post by Alexandrinus »

i have a friend wich want to start playing daoc,where is it best to do,
1)at classic? are there still alot leveling groups
2) or should he start here where i can help him sometimes , and with my BB?
what you think, are there any new people to the game in prydwen?are there any guild left with low level people?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

if its a friend of yours i would advise him to start here where you can advise and help where needed.
with the next patch TOA gets a lot easier, with catacombs getting to 50 isnt half as hard as it was, also given they are new they can do it at thier own pace.
would probably advice a self contained character to start with, an enchanter maybe.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Vamp would be a nice easy startup toon... no buffs... self healing... no end regen issues magic amd melee...

And agree with Aran... if its a IRL friend get them to start where you can help them and introduce them to others.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

FS recently invited some ppl new to the game... Best for him to start where you can help him.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

There is some chat about FS and HDS starting some regular levelling nights as they have a few newish players on pryd - Ellen will know more. If this kicks off then it should be a friendly place to grab the levels.

[edit] hhmm Ellen types fast - she got in before me
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

maybe help him with a Power level up to level 20-24 and let him try thidranki to test the Rvr side of the game, then if he gets used to playing his character a bit then help him level to leirvik, the only problem with pling is that a player doenst learnt how to play a character, a good mix of both is good.
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Belisar wrote:There is some chat about FS and HDS starting some regular levelling nights as they have a few newish players on pryd - Ellen will know more. If this kicks off then it should be a friendly place to grab the levels.
true ... still working on what days should be best but he's welcome to join :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

To be entirely honest I wouldnt recomend a PL for anyone totlaly new to the game.... it will set the wrong parameters of expectation for speed of level... also its not like he/she has so many alts that they can adapt to alt char playstyles... its a learning curve that I would recommend is done... not like you cant help a bit but I would strongly suggest not giving a PL to thid level as they will get pwned by some of the thid players who only play thid and are opted for that BG. Give them a fighting chance by letting them learn something.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

true thats why me and Norc want to get this grp running. I've got enough low lvl chars to help anyone out tbh :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

Could join Knights of mayhem on Mid/glast if he wanted we like to help lowbies out :D

Usually on darksage/necronomicon/haduken or holymoley .. im sure rainy would like to PL some 1 with her obese BD of love!

:moley:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”