General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kesxex

Girls & Boys

Post by Kesxex »

"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Coheed
Emerald Rider

Post by Coheed »

haha, i used to have a female character in one game and used it to get coin from people, then transfer it back to my main....that article is interesting though
<Stealthing Warfare>
[Coheed - 50 Light Ment] {inactive}
[Pritch - 50 Nightshade] {semi-active}
[Pritchard - 50 Champion]
[Schteve - 50 Vampiir]

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

nice reading :) And he's right on most parts. But there are a lot of negative sides to it aswell.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

When I played my enchantress Jillis, a person came up to me and talked alot of crap about Ankh :) That was quite entertaining tbh! (was before I started to put MacAnkh on my chars)

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

good article tho i think most guys nowadays assume that female chars are actually males in disguise and treat them accordingly without the macho ignorance displayed there :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I fool myself quite often after having played a female char for some time
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

I could write a book on this one. Interesting question how convincing the person was when he was pretending to be the opposite sex.

In a sense I've done this too. My first month playing a MMORPG I was playing a male character and pretending to be male in real life. In the end I got uncomfortable with it. It wasn't really by choice. My first game was chosen purely because it was very cheap and money was short. I logged in, made a female character, spent half an hour killing rats, and then some weird guy started messaging me describing having sex with me. This was my first contact with someone in an online game, and somewhat disconcerting. Hence I deleted my character, rolled a big male bloke with a beard and pretended to be male for a month before I had the nerve to be female again.

Even then my female character was a giant and not cute, since I had discovered that most female cute characters in the game were played by male thieves and beggars and went round in their underwear. Incredibly enough they successfully conned a lot of male players out of stuff despite being as convincing at being female as an elephant would be as a tight rope walker.

This also explains why when I started playing DAOC it was with firbolg characters rather than ickle cute lurikeens.

Thallium
Emerald Rider

Post by Thallium »

Banana wrote:good article tho i think most guys nowadays assume that female chars are actually males in disguise and treat them accordingly without the macho ignorance displayed there :p

Hehe i think that's true yeh, or at least that goes for me and alot of peeps i know. :p
Sculp
Steady Slobbin
Thallium
Tyligo
Kenpachi
Matje

<TDD> & <Agony>

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

<ankh> wrote:When I played my enchantress Jillis, a person came up to me and talked alot of crap about Ankh :) That was quite entertaining tbh! (was before I started to put MacAnkh on my chars)

/Ankh

When I played a Female char in the beginning of my Daoc playing career I got some dude running after me and msgeing me constantely, at start I dident get why he wanted to join me in whatever I did etc, but after awhile It became rather obvious, it was very annoying tbh.

As fast as I got why he was following I told him off saying Im a doood ffs :<

Now I don't really care if the one I play with is Female or Male, and you do know that whatever char you use dosent mean that it is a male or Female irl, and not like I would treat 1 or the other any different neways.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

In the days of mist I started a female character called Blossom strictly to get ahead in the game.

I tell ya though, those were the days you needed to use every trick in the book, gm's would 'finger of death' your 10 month character just for looking at them funny. Some days they would make all the in game gits gm's and just watch the fun ensue.

happy days.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”