Uncluster the cluster?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster

What are your current feelings regarding the cluster?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:59 pm

I can't make up my mind either way.
67%
24%
9%

Total votes: 58

Gandelf

Uncluster the cluster?

Post by Gandelf »

Having read all the threads about iRVR, defending the realm, taking keeps etc. etc, a common theme is that things have become worse since clustering took place. There are definitely those who think that the community spirit of Prydwen before clustering has been destroyed by the influx of players from Excalibur, since clustering.

Now, we can all see the benefits of clustering, but if it's going to continue to be a cause of ill-feeling, then maybe it would be better to uncluster Excal and Prydwen? Yes, there are implications behind this, but maybe things would be better if it happened.

So, are there any players who would be willing to go back to unclustered servers, i.e. restore things to how they used to be?

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Nope, the server would die without it being Clustered, it will eventually neways, but haveing it like before would be crap, because you wouldent have anything to fight atall almost.

High pop on a server is good, it might have disadvantages, but haveing a very low pop is still much worse.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

everz
Emerald Rider

Post by everz »

yea, cos irvr sucks.. /sarcasm off ;[
deleted/sold rip daoc

maxis

Post by maxis »

I'd only uncluster the servers if you could give everyone a choice of which one became their new home. That way people who like irvr etc can all go to one server; people who like fg/soloing etc can go to the other and everyone is happy.
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

afaik its impossible to uncluster now its done, and why would you want to anyway? server would die without cluster.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

pikeh wrote:afaik its impossible to uncluster now its done, and why would you want to anyway? server would die without cluster.
Think they are able to uncluster, I can recall mythic being able to do so, don't know about GoA.

As much as I would like to have the servers unclustered, I don't really think it is an option at all, there simply aint enough players at the moment.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I didn't want the cluster in the first place, but I voted Don't Know, as the player population is indeed too low - close the classic servers imo. ;)
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

Nice idea but dont think it will ever happen.

Restrict poll to Pryd players as we know it's the Excal ones that want iRvR :D

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Reason that iRvR is so attractive is simply that there are not enough naturalists being played to make groups that have some staying power.

With or without cluster this fact doesn't change.

And as long as Hibs don't let Albs and Mids play in their own frontier, then the average rps per Hib are far better. Frankly as is with iRvR Hibs are loosing out most as they get sandwiched and everybody but Hibs makes more rps.

And as other stated: The effect of unclustering can be done much more energy efficient - switch the servers off. Same effect.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

most of the current problems are not problems to do with the cluster they are problems to do with our own tolerance of each other. Excallies are a nice bunch in the main actually all we have to do is grow up and recognise that a lot of us prefer a different game that we did previously. Move rather than kill iRvR imo.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”