An idea regarding keeps...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

An idea regarding keeps...

Post by Gandelf »

I'll probably be torn apart for suggesting this, but as that's never bothered me in the past, I'll suggest it anyway.

It seems to me that because of the numerical disadvantage that underpopulated realms suffer, it's difficult for them to re-take keeps in their own frontier. The bonuses they already get don't really compensate for lack of numbers, when it comes to taking back keeps. So, what if, in addition to the bonuses they already get, if a keep in their own frontier has been occupied by an any realm for a specific period of time, ownership automatically reverts to the realm in the frontier in which it resides?

So for example, if Dun Bolg has been under the control of the Albs for, say, 1 week, it would automatically revert back to the ownership of the Hibs, including all the towers around it. The more underpopulated the realm is, the shorter would be the period that an enemy could hold their keeps.

To prevent the enemy from gathering in force, inside the enemy keeps and towers in order to retake them the moment they revert to the home realm, at that moment all enemy players would be automatically ported out of them to their nearest frontier keep. Also, the keeps/towers in question would enjoy maybe up to 12 hours, when enemy realms could not capture them, to allow guilds from the home realm to claim.

If only individual towers had been captured, but not the associated keep/s then just those towers would revert back, individually. The only time when all associated towers would revert back simultaneously, would be when the associated keep reverted back.

This form of bonus would only apply to underpopulated realms and not those who have a greater population.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote:I'll probably be torn apart for suggesting this, but as that's never bothered me in the past, I'll suggest it anyway.
Nobody tear you apart, its just that your ideas are mostly non-working ones.

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hmm
would need to be longer than a week i spect.
oooh or base the length of time you have it on the level of the tower?
i.e level1 you keep a week - level 10 you keep 10weeks :)

and ankh - gands right. peeps tend not to attack his ideas, they attack him :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Well, I guess it's an idea, but imo just instead of converting if to do any changes I think that it should maby be harder holding it somehow over time.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Interesting idea but what would it really achieve?
A level 10 keep (Alb/Mid) goes back to level 1 keep (Hib) for example. This level 1 keep won't stay long in Hib hands.
And it would be damn hard to defend.

What would be more interesting would be access to special siege. Like this nice little cauldron full of explosives the orks used at Helm's Deep.

Available only if the realm in question is considered outnumbered (at 2:1 rate of active RvR population - Hib won't qualify then now).

Siege ladders:
Allows to activate one of multiple climb points at keeps. Available to assassins and tanks only.

Wallwrecker:
Has to be set up for 20 seconds - then explodes after another 20 seconds. AOE (or just wall) damage enough to damage a wall to 50%. Time two very well and one wall piece is gone, killing the time needed to break into a keep.

Instead of making the game easier for lazy people (returning a keep for free) it should be made easier for active players to achieve something if they face certain odds.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Kesxex wrote: Instead of making the game easier for lazy people (returning a keep for free) it should be made easier for active players to achieve something if they face certain odds.
I agree - we need to work to take back our keeps and towers not just have them handed back on a plate. Albs worked to take them, so it is a real sickener to lose them again purely due to a timer. We need to keep the game fun and interesting for all sides.

Another option maybe to have some realm guards that are mobile and can come and support the seige.

Some npc rangers and elds keeping enemy heads down or interupted while we get rams etc set up. Or just creating another target which means enemy are less likely to be shooting a genuine player. Maybe basing the numbers on some RvR population formula. Could be a hard one to work out, difficult to get them to do something useful and will of course increase the lag factor.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

I've often thought that about the guards too tbh Belis, what exactly is the point in having guards these days... back in the old days... (doing my sage old person bit) I recall that we used to get wiped by guards regularly... no such chance these days, the guards are just target practice and AOE targets for the enemy, why not make them more a force to be reckoned with?

Increase the number of guards proportionally to the number of attackers taking into account the number of defenders and the defencibility of the keep and so in essence balancing the forces of attack vs defence... 100 albs attacking a keep with 30 defenders add to that 50/60 high level guards and the factoring in of the keep.

Also the controled NPC's... bloody useless in the main these days, they dont do enough damage/healing/cc fast enough to be of any use... all guards should have TOA type spells/abilities. Even having the ability to command a group of 7/8 npc's depending on if you have to be grouped with them would be an interesting gambit...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Discussions like this is as pointless as the fekkers on TV discussing football.
We dont have any influence over the development of the game so wasting time discussing stuff like this, on how "it could be" is pointless.

Unless you are in a possition to influence atleast the very smallest part in any remote small tiny way theres no point debating at all.

The janitor at mythics building would be better of debating on this, same goes for the so called "experts" on TV regarding football and other crap :p

Uhm yes this is a bad day for me
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Banana wrote:and ankh - gands right. peeps tend not to attack his ideas, they attack him :(
Well, if thats the case you just ban them for flamming - wouldnt be the first time :)

/Ankh

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Luz wrote:Discussions like this is as pointless

Uhm yes this is a bad day for me

Aaawww Luz ghug:

I think it is nice to see what players think and interesting to see other people's ideas, even if they never come live.

You never know some nice and kindly GM may have a look and see an idea and go 'hhmm looks good' and report it back.

Also makes a nice change to share some positive ideas for taking the game forwards rather than reading the flaming and negative stuff you get on FH.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”