The future?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Every time I see gandelf post anything I think of Darkveil...the good ol days, when I actually enjoyed other things then RvRing.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

Haha yip, game was something else back then. :)
?!

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I enjoy being a GM, even though at present /gu chat (and definitely /as chat) are none existent. It's very quiet and peaceful. I haven't had an RvR group in months, which is something I miss, but I've found a small corner where I can make a difference... that is Spellcrafting. I've Spellcrafted dozens of orders and I like to think that my efforts help to keep Hibernians at the top of the "food chain".

I don't say that to boast, but my efforts must surely count for something.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Gandy theres always the PUG groups if you haven't had a group for a while. You would of course always be more than welcome - although having ventrilo is very important...
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Sharkith wrote:Gandy theres always the PUG groups if you haven't had a group for a while. You would of course always be more than welcome - although having ventrilo is very important...

Thanks for that. I think I might already have Ventrilo, will check. :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

It is genuinely light hearted and good fun. All ment to be a bit of a laugh and a chance to meet people.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

maxis

Post by maxis »

Hmm, everyone is always happy with the idea of guild merges as long as it isn't their guild which disbands.

I feel that about 10 active players is the critical mass for a guild personally, though having some old guilds which still have BPs left from the old days is kinda handy for holding towers.
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Yes you are right. But if FS would end up with only a few members i would concider a merge. Or atleast put some chars in a bigger guild. Not only that guild benefiets from that but also myself. More ppl to chat to, more ppl to grp with. And I would still have a char in my own guild.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I find it sad (and a little a ironic given some of the discussion on diversity in another thread recently) that Hibernia could lose a lot of the little guilds, some of which have been larger at points in our history.

I think a small number of big guilds means a small number of people at the helm, which necessarily limits our style and our thinking. I see the benefits for coordination of efforts and communication, but those things have always been much more dependent on people's willingness to collaborate than whether they share a chat channel. Passing messages between alliances is not hard, and neither is forming BGs or CGs.

Not that I am actually against the concept of the suggested mergers, but it's not a completely clear benefit in either direction.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Cryn wrote: it's not a completely clear benefit in either direction.
I think you are right. Mergers are not for everyone, they are not the ultimate answer and are not a guarantee to a successful future. People need to carefully consider the move before going into it.

A lot of what you said in terms of leadership should be a big part of the thinking behind a merger. Little point if you think you are not going to get on with the players involved in the other guild(s) and are not going to be happy with their playstyle or leadership.

You are also right about communication being important. The one thing I do believe is that people are more comfortable communicating over /gu than /as, and I guess that comes down to comfort zones.

There has been some comment over the 'spirit of prydwen' previously and it does seem to me that we are in a position where we either attend formally organised mass raids (ML, arti etc) or rely on guild mates to help us. With less and less people actively seeking to level or equip new toons then there seems to be less willingness to help out on short notice and small raids, especially if 'there is nothing in it for me'.

If you have a guild of a reasonable size and reasonable level of activity then you are more likely to get groups when you need them (for whatever activity to are looking for) and more variety to your play.

Horses for courses, upsides and downsides.

FS has made an offer and I am sure they would need to be happy with anyone wanting to take them up on it. Little point messing up the fun for two guilds just to get bigger. But nice to have an offer there for discussion and consideration.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”