AC raids GOA start a discussion:

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Ovi wrote:I haven't played for months :P

I know the intention is to not be able to PvE relics, and it is the right intention. I just feel that it restricts how people can play the game too much to achieve it. Esapecially if you look at extreme abuse uses of the system... With the PvP requirement, the only way to 100% guarantee not to lose relics you have? Don't RvR!

It's a similar problem I have with Eve, where often the best way to end a conflict between (Empire-based) corps is for the weaker side just to not play the game ... Not the best goal to build into a game :o
it is a case of bad design that needs a community response. Unfortunately the latter in unlikely to materialise. The choices you have then are to

a) quit playing the game on that server
b) quit playing altogether.
c) try to get people to reach an agreement and allow peeps to drop keeps with relics to level 1 to punish the pVe'd relic

I followed choice a) though choice b) is something I will eventually take unless the design side of it gets sorted out.

As for choice c) - Heta and Xest made it clear dropping a keep to 1 is no biggie in America where Mythic run the game. You have to ask yourself a) why GOA responded in such a ham fisted manner to the demands of one section of the player base and b) why GOA also foreclosed any option of c) happening in the future.

Thats what I want an answer to from all of this. I was given the answer that this would always be against the SoTG but we know Mythic don't seem to mind. So why did GOA say what they said. Like I said to them in the rightnow - they risked being incoherent over the whole thing and that people would spot this a mile off ...and people did.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

I always wondered if neutralizing the relics so they became simply trophies rather than anything else would have an impact on RvR.

It would certainly not stop those who like solo or FG vs FG action but could mean that mass action has no target or goal. Personally I am not sure it would have a negative effect that but I guess we will never know.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”