1.87g

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

1.87g

Post by Trez »

- Armsmen, Mercenary, Paladin, Reaver, Scout, Infiltrator, Minstrel, Warrior, Shadowblade, Nightshade, and Ranger classes will be force respecced on login. This accompanies the autotraining changes so that characters who did not auto-train will now have the same skill points available to them as those who did.

This is making ppl who autotrained feel like a fool, they spend the extra autoing and now they can see it all go poo.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Trez wrote:

This is making ppl who autotrained feel like a fool, they spend the extra autoing and now they can see it all go poo.
/agree

:(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Good change imo. The only people who benefited from Auto training were those with multiple accounts PLing their alts. This change allows people who actually want to play (Including the levelling which is a lot of the fun) the class as it was meant, and not be penalised for it.

Those that did auto-train have still had the additional benefit for a period of time.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:Good change imo. The only people who benefited from Auto training were those with multiple accounts PLing their alts. This change allows people who actually want to play (Including the levelling which is a lot of the fun) the class as it was meant, and not be penalised for it.

Those that did auto-train have still had the additional benefit for a period of time.
Not really, could easily level a ranger with just melee, an assassin with just melee, an autotrain tank with their alternative not auto-train weapon line. Plenty of people who did so and deserve the benefit of the much harder journey it was for them to achieve it.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Firstly, if people levelled for auto-train points without the expectation that they may be taken away by Mythic at some point then they either don't know Mythic, or they need much more help than Auto-train points ;)

In answer to your point though I never saw Auto-train as a bonus to people levelling the "hard" way (I don't actually think most of the specs required for auto-training are much harder just different). I saw it as a penalty to those who chose to level in a certain way.

I am sure that most of the Characters making use of Auto-train points were levelled the easy way rather than the hard way in any case. Those that did level the hard way have had benefit during the time from when they levelled until now.

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I for once only have 1 account, both my ranger and ns is autotrained the hard way, this patch is just down right foolish.

If ppl cba to lvl and benefit from the autotrain then they dont deserve it, this way they might as well remove the autotrain.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:I am sure that most of the Characters making use of Auto-train points were levelled the easy way rather than the hard way in any case. Those that did level the hard way have had benefit during the time from when they levelled until now.
tbh I think most characters full stop are levelled the easy way, the amount of chars I churned out with PL is precisely 15 times that I churned out the old fashioned way, autotrain has nothing to do with the PL problem.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I never said it did. I just said that Auto-train, in my view, penalised those that played the class as it ought to be played.

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

My Ranger was my first toon I made when Daoc came out. There were no BB's or fellow guildies to rely on for help. I didnt have the luxury of autotrain then. I was on a lonely road. So on a personal note, it's good news for me.

Just out of interest Xest, did you autotrain your Ranger on Pryd? Before I even thought of guilds, I use to admire your abilities as a Ranger from afar. You seemed so clued in on the game. I'm guessing you did.
:ranger: Aiming to please..

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Nah, went 50 bow straight away on Xest, switched to melee ranger the first time we got a full respec. If I did it all again I'd have gone celt probably and autotrained for sure ;)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”