omg a DAOC topic - patch 1.88

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

omg a DAOC topic - patch 1.88

Post by Lieva »

so was wondering what peeps thought of the stuff in patch 1.88?
NEW BOUNTY POINT REWARDS

The availability of rewards which can be purchased with Bounty Points has been greatly increased. Many of these rewards are designed to reduce much of the need to continue PvEing after reaching 50 for those who would rather focus immediately on RvR.

- Realizing their Atlantean masters are not returning, four sphinxes have traveled to the Hall of Heroes to offer ML credit, artifact credit, and scrolls in exchange for stories from the frontiers (represented by bounty points). Credit is obtained by purchasing the tokens they sell, then handing the tokens to them. If a token is purchased for an encounter the player already has credit for, handing the token back to the sphinx will return the Bounty Points spent.

- Bounty Point Masters have been added to each realm's primary border keep (Castle Sauvage, Svasud Faste, and Druim Ligen). These new NPCs sell a variety of items including: realm respecs, Champion Level respecs, Master Level respecs, the chestnut horse, hastener speed gems, experience-granting scrolls (in both a 1% and 10% variety), and special new jewelry items.

- The NPCs in each housing market that already sell deeds, porches and consignment merchants now offer the same goods for bounty points as well as gold.

- Merchants have been added to house hookpoint stores which can obtained for free and placed on a house hookpoint to allow the purchase of interior and garden decorations for bounty points as opposed to gold.

- Existing bounty point rewards (i.e. stones, totems, and crystals) now have 20 charges instead of 1. Note that current charges will not be retroactively updated on previously purchased rewards.
For one it seems an interesting idea.
On gharasis you can easily rake up BP and stuff so if you wanted to roll on that server you could NP.
However, i imagine these changes infuriating the peeps who arnt on a PVE server.

I wondered what peeps thought about it?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Anything they do to make ToA less painful is good imo bleh:
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

They might as well just remove the PvE zones now then.

givf insta-L50, insta-ML10, insta-CL10, insta-RR10 & let people carry on playing Dark Age of Counterstrike.

Now RvR-peeps can get all the PvE stuff without having to do any PvE, but PvE-peeps not only can't get the RvR stuff but there won't be enough people in PvE for them to get the PvE stuff done themselves.

WTG!
/rude
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

OohhoO wrote:They might as well just remove the PvE zones now then.

givf insta-L50, insta-ML10, insta-CL10, insta-RR10 & let people carry on playing Dark Age of Counterstrike.

Now RvR-peeps can get all the PvE stuff without having to do any PvE, but PvE-peeps not only can't get the RvR stuff but there won't be enough people in PvE for them to get the PvE stuff done themselves.

WTG!
/rude
Way to go over-reaction .... /clap clap
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Thank you sir
/bows
-
-

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Personally I think it will make ML raids that much more difficult.

As it is on small population servers it is hard enough to get people together, this will take out the RvR oriented people from the equation.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I dont mind they sell the respec and the scrolls, but as mentioned it takes away ppl from PvE, and this game is both RvR AND PvE.

I know the endgame is, for 99% of players, RvR, but some still like to PvE and this kinda takes away the option to do any big raids.

But this is thank god only on Pendragon atm, and they might change their minds if ppl send them a ton of replies saying this.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

PvEer: Anyone want to join my ML3 raid?
RvRer: Get BPs n00blet rofloflLAAAWL!1!
-
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Dardalion wrote:Way to go over-reaction .... /clap clap

Not really, I already felt it was like DAoCounterstrike when I left 18 months or so ago, I am sure I'm not the only one who left because of that feeling.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just not for me.

Selenia
Emerald Rider

Post by Selenia »

Lieva wrote:so was wondering what peeps thought of the stuff in patch 1.88?

On gharasis you can easily rake up BP and stuff so if you wanted to roll on that server you could NP.
However, i imagine these changes infuriating the peeps who arnt on a PVE server.

I wondered what peeps thought about it?
Raking in BP's? Not really. You get 60 bps per seal and it's highly possible that it takes you anything up to an hour if you're really unlucky to farm 1. The alternative is to buy them but then again you need to be ultra rich to buy them as they're priced at around 5-6 plat for 10.

In any case, according to reports Gaheris wont be privy to the new BP reward system, which I myself am a bit pee'd off about.
Selenia Blackstaff:selenia:
50th Season Void Eldritch
RR6, Silver Hand, Legendary Spellcrafter, 1xxx

Phear the tr3b!!!!11 (x2)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”