Animist Potential 1.88b

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
chabio
Emerald Rider

Animist Potential 1.88b

Post by chabio »

I was checking up on later patch notes to see if Rangers were getting any love, as I was becoming frustrated at the lack of damage they were incurring on casters ( once a worthwhile target for bowmen ), when I came across the changes to Animists.

In 1.88b, Animists will only be allowed 5 active FnF turrets. I nearly choked.
Although they are given 50% hp increase, I cant see the use of turrets being viable anymore. This made me wonder why it had been nerfed again and if I'm missing something on the strength of said turrets. In my experience in RvR, other than scare tactics, they dont seem to be much use or that overpowered, as compared to theurg or bd pets. Could someone enlighten me.
I use my Animist as my farmer, to obtain a bit of beer money, but may now have to relook at another class. If you need at least 2 rooting turrets for inc mobs, I cant see 3 DD turrets doing much in the way of causing the mobs much problems once they arrive. doh:

Do the people who "balance" the game actually play the toons they alter, or do they just listen the Whiners? I'm not so sure, as I use to be. :'(
:ranger: Aiming to please..

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Yeah it's kinda scarey!

BDs get nerfed into non-existance in 1.87
Anis look like getting nerfed into non-existance in 1.88
& Theurgs are from Alb so they won't get nerfed ofc

I dunno what they're thinking of TBH. The fluff they give Anis as compensation for this nerf isn't even worth losing 1 FnF pet for, let alone 10!
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Chabio wrote:In my experience in RvR, other than scare tactics, they dont seem to be much use or that overpowered, as compared to theurg or bd pets. Could someone enlighten me.
Well, 15 shrooms could insta-kill through walls, that was pretty op'd tbh :p The other problem is that when you have hoardes of shrooms outside a keep it's near impossible for other realms to take it with a normal force because no one wants to run forward and lead the charge and be guaranteed death then miss out on the kills/keep take itself, even those that were brave enough were few and far between and would never be followed by anyone else so just ended up basically committing suicide. Arguably the biggest problem therefore overall was that shrooms would always target the same target, so that means if only one target is in range it was insta-kill. An alternative, perhaps more fair solution all round would be to change it so that someone can only be attacked by a maximum of say, 3 shrooms at once - it's the insta-kill that was the problem.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Xest wrote:... even those that were brave enough were few and far between and would never be followed by anyone else so just ended up basically committing suicide.....

Can't think of when that would be useful for a realm wanting to move some shrooms myself......
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Xest wrote:The other problem is that when you have hoardes of shrooms outside a keep it's near impossible for other realms to take it with a normal force because no one wants to run forward and lead the charge and be guaranteed death then miss out on the kills/keep take itself, even those that were brave enough were few and far between and would never be followed by anyone else so just ended up basically committing suicide.
Only if a "normal force" has no mezz/stun/DI/AoE damage/archers/nukers/healers/clue etc etc etc
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

They are redesigning the class to be more an "Open Field" traditional Mage Archetype (let's be honest the root bomber was the most retarded form of cc ever implemented in game) rather than a monothematic Siege strange class.
Good move imo, that said to counteract the shroom nerfing they should:

A) Lowering a tad cast time on shrooms
B) Give bombers same range as theurg pets
C) Give a level 50 spec LT

Imo ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

seems like they making daoc purely into a rvr game
every change you see from now on will affect rvr. So everything that is overpowered in rvr will be nerfed.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:seems like they making daoc purely into a rvr game
every change you see from now on will affect rvr. So everything that is overpowered in rvr will be nerfed.

Well, considering that most peeps now see DAOC as an rvr game and the pve is just a pain in the arse tells you alot about how DAOC has evolved as game. Sure, GOA say that most of their customers pve more than RvR but tbh, this evolvement is just a passage into the death of DAOC. It's lost its appeal on the pve side of it and thus RvR is the only way to go sadly. Most online games go this way and thus lead to its death due to the fact that there's no new ideas/marketing to improve an appeal that was way under marketed in the first place :(
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

judas
Emerald Rider

Post by judas »

why dont they just make a 5shroom cap in the rvr areas then :<

tho i guess all fun farming is in Lab/ml10/df wich is rvr zones :\

still sucks loads as it will only make pve harder.
Ultraviolence.
refers to acts of extreme violence
seemingly performed at random,
or with no clear justification

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”