Archer patch

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Trez
Emerald Rider

Archer patch

Post by Trez »

What do you ppl think of the archer patch???

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Seems cool tbh, the Ranger need something to make the Bowline more interessting.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Elrandhir wrote:Seems cool tbh, the Ranger need something to make the Bowline more interessting.
Scout needs something to make the whole fucking class more interesting tho ;) At least celtic dual and pathfinding are pretty fun ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Xest"]Scout needs something to make the whole fucking class more interesting tho ]
Just read the 1.88E notes, they talk of a new archery system - I've not really caught up on it but can someone outline the changes? I'm intrigued to know what's actually been done ;)

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

..its proberbly something that will make me regret ditching my accounts mwahaha:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:..its proberbly something that will make me regret ditching my accounts mwahaha:
Doubt that could happen cos a) You're talking about DAoC and b) You're talking about an account on GOA servers :p

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

From memory,the new Archer patch will be interesting and will have marmite qualities to it.

bleh: Gone will be the loading and lining up shots and will be on similiar lines to casters, helping compete with them , but losing that feel of skill.

bah: No distance bonus on height anymore. Prey to casters.

:? Ideas on getting rid of Blunt/slash/pierce arrows and possible incorparating "magic" arrow skills giving special spell like qualities. Doing away with arrows in fact.

doh: Making the spec lvl in bow give buffs etc to all bowmen classes. This will give scouts buffage, not sure how this will affect pf and beastiery.

:| Not sure how this will work out, but will make the bowman class completerly different to play. Whether for good or bad.. it will be interesting.

Its obviously a lot more complex than I've wrote down, but it is just a general summary.
:ranger: Aiming to please..

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Think I read somewhere that critshots & powershots will pierce & remove any kind of BT or similar. They'll also have slash/crush/pierce/heat/cold/poison arrows to choose from IIRC.

Basically Archers will be like Casters with stealth, self-buffs, better armour, more HPs & spec weapon, but no CC (apart from Scouts Shield-Slam OFC).

INC frontier full of Archers :p
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

I don't really play my ranger anymore, but I am dissapointed so far.

This was meant to be the great archer love patch, but its just a redesign of the class and now they will work like casters.

I understand the reasons they are doing it, but again this does not address all the problems that archers complain about. (Crit shot, BT, Brittle guards, Damage from bow etc)

But from what I read, when this is in, they can adjust a lot more things quickly on the fly without major recode/patching. So they could be able to adjust as it goes on.

The funny thing is when they say this will make the class easier for new players, seems odd to say that after 5 years of the old way.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Ahh...then I won't regret ditching my accounts :)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”