[Discussion] Server down 15.11

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Hopefully without taking this thread too far off topic, I just wanted to warn HappyG and anyone else that 1 day into the new upgrade things are looking murky in SWG. There's a lot of bugs and issues, and I have decided not to play for a while until they are sorted out. It feels very much like they've gone back into beta atm, so I'm waiting for things to settle.

Satyn, Guildwars is well worth a go. I still dabble with it a bit, though it doesn't really grab me like other games have.

I think I'll check out City of Heroes/Villains next. Apparently they put PvP in recently, so maybe it'll be a laugh.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Erce

Post by Erce »

Cryn wrote: I think I'll check out City of Heroes/Villains next. Apparently they put PvP in recently, so maybe it'll be a laugh.
Sooooo..... after all the latex/spandex jokes I had to put up with when i had my holiday there, you are gonna try it!!!

Glittery pink spandex tights 4tehwin!

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Eeee, thanks for a warning - to late tho, 1h and it will be patched :) I'll let you know how it goes :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Cryn wrote:If you go to SWG my character is Looee on Chimaera server.

It's not as fun as DAoC, but they just did a major update yesterday (Tuesday) which is supposedly going to make things more fun. Ironically, SOE who I class as absolutely rubbish as a provider managed to do their patching in less time than they predicted, bringing the servers back up very smartly for once.
Yeah very fun patch. Made my char since release totally useless

Edit: SWG is just another 14 year old fps game when u get to play a JEDI!

I did the grinding at release. I did all professions and unlocked force sensitive slot. I grinded the jedi all the way to master and now it´s all gone and they expect me to do more grinding from 80-90....

Mallus
Emerald Rider

Post by Mallus »

continuing even further off topic:

seems to me there's a few people fed up with DAOC/GOA, unexcited by WoW and looking for a game with challenge, if you haven't already been there I suggest you take a look at :

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index. ... topic=8394

If you like RvR, crafting (everything ingame can be made) and some questing without the exp grind this could well be the next game for you (and me). Ok it's not finished yet but they say it's coming up for beta before the end of the year. There's plenty of pk clans lining up and trading insults that would make FH fans blush but it still looks good to me. If anyones interested in forming a guild/clan like "Hibernia Carebears" for the beta let me know :D
All chars retired, much as I loved DAOC nothing is for ever - but the first 2 years were the best imho :D

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Btw Ankh, thers a city called Ankh-Morepork on Tatooine / FarStar... that yours?

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

HappyG wrote:Btw Ankh, thers a city called Ankh-Morepork on Tatooine / FarStar... that yours?
It's actually stolen from Terry Pratchet's Discworld books. The city and river of Ankh Morpork.

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i always used to think ankhs name was rude til i got told it was from terry pratchet :o
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Ah... never read those, only played a pirated Discworld game, which I got on 54 1.4" ers :)

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Banana wrote:i always used to think ankhs name was rude til i got told it was from terry pratchet :o
Well, as i've told people before. Ankh is my RL nick...but it felt right to put Morpork as a second name as I love those books!

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”