Fruits Basket

Moderator: willowywicca

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Fruits Basket

Post by Bubble »

I noticed theres no Fruits basket thread here yet

Fruits basket is a fun anime (Light Hearted Comedy) and my current fav anime (well all time fav :p)
Its not a action based anime it instead has a strong story with deep character interaction.

The Main character of this anime is called Tohru Honda, a Highschool(?) student who resently lost her mother. She lived in a tent on this rich familys estate until she by accident came into contact with a few of the family members with an interesting Curse :)

I'll not spoil it anymore, its a really good anime and the DvD have like 7 or 8 episodes each (total of 4 DvDs for the whole series) this is one anime i fully recommend to buy (Oh the English voices are pretty good too imho, i know malev hates dubbed anime)

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:Fruits basket is a fun anime (Light Hearted Comedy) and my current fav anime (well all time fav :p)

(Oh the English voices are pretty good too imho, i know malev hates dubbed anime)

Nah I don't hate *all* dubbed anime (eg, I really enjoyed cowboy bebop dubbed) however I would have to say, that even the best of dubs is not as good as the original japanese.. and there's never ever been a dubbed voice that can match teh ultimate kawaii-ness of some voices! Western voices just can't come close... oh, and Tomoko Kawakami who does the *best* voices of anyone ever (Rosette Christopher in Chrno Crusade and Misuzu Kamio in AIR) is just miiiiiiiiiilles out of the league of any western voice actors :p

Oh and for examples of uber cute voices, try Mamiko Noto's character Nodoka Miyazaki in Mahou Sensei Negima, who totally pwns (in an otherwise rather poor show) at being teh ultimate shy kawaii girl! \o/ Oh and Kozue-chan in Mahoraba 8 was really cute too! :p

Hmm, got carried away with voice responses! Fruits Basket is a wonderful anime, it's the one that caused me to name my albion cabalist Onigiri (watch to find out whyyyy!) and is also my favourite anime (tho it was my favourite before Bubble's!!1 <runs around the playground chanting> ).

I've also been reading the manga as they come out (slowing being released at a 1 per 2 months schedule by Tokyopop) and they are just as great as the anime, plus they go further than the anime story! So really, everyone who likes the anime should read them too :D

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Return to “Animé Theatre”