Big mistake by Fakkel

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

clearbrook wrote:Well if you have been given the worng change, then the difference will often come out of the assistants wage-packet, so I would normally go back.
True, but if a shop has put the wrong price on something they can claim any money back even if they admit afterwards that the pricing was totally wrong. And in this case he had put the wrong price so its his own fault. Sure it sucks bigtime, but thats life. It would be very nice if the guy who bought it returned it, but I personally dont concider the guy who bought it being dishonest incase he decide to keep it.

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

I'd sell it back to him for 20p.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

clearbrook wrote:Well if you have been given the worng change, then the difference will often come out of the assistants wage-packet, so I would normally go back.
then you are one of the few
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

I'd put it in my hand and run upto him laugh spamming.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

clearbrook
Emerald Rider

Post by clearbrook »

Heta wrote:then you are one of the few
Well many many years ago I had a summer student job selling British Rail Sandwiches. My impression at the time is that over 80% of the customers would actually hand back any extra change they were given.

On the other hand 3 people or so every day would actually actively try to cheat me by doing the old "I gave you £10", when they handed me a £5 trick.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Xest wrote:I'd put it in my hand and run upto him laugh spamming.
bamse hacked you prydwen.net acc?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

Does anybody else see the problem with <ankh> even saggesting.. or joking about that
Not only does it rub off on others... But it shows immatureity... Not saying ur immature ofc but if u did do that to a player an can very likely see the other player swareing vengence on u for the rest of ur natural daoc life, but apart from that.. its insenceative...plus jus rubbing it in his/her face.

But apart from all that, i suppose in a way u do have the right to do it as it was himself/herself that set the price to 35g in the first place... but still.. its over doin it if u laughed at him cus of his/her stupidity

Then again.. everybody differant...so why not barry then think in ToA an give him a map to find it... lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Well no, I can see what Ankh means really even though I would probably return whatever as I said.

Still seeing that post on Freddys where the person I guess got the Item announce he bought it for 35g saying he don't need it and want an offer in the General parth is rather lame tbh.

So if that was him, the one loosing the item will never get it back tbh.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

VegetaFH1 wrote:Does anybody else see the problem with <ankh> even saggesting.. or joking about that
Not only does it rub off on others... But it shows immatureity... Not saying ur immature ofc but if u did do that to a player an can very likely see the other player swareing vengence on u for the rest of ur natural daoc life, but apart from that.. its insenceative...plus jus rubbing it in his/her face.

But apart from all that, i suppose in a way u do have the right to do it as it was himself/herself that set the price to 35g in the first place... but still.. its over doin it if u laughed at him cus of his/her stupidity
I'm sorry mate, I don't have your superb intelligence - but to call it immature was the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I was comparing it to reality and I can assure you that most people would act the way I explained no matter what you say. It's everyones responsability to make sure they put the correct price on the CM and if they fail to do so, I think its ok if the guy who bought it keeps it. Example, if you bought a Vase from an auction for &#163]"It would be very nice if the guy who bought it returned it, but I personally dont concider the guy who bought it being dishonest incase he decide to keep it."[/B]

Even though there is nothing in it saying that I would have returned the item myself. Just stating that I wouldnt concider the guy to be dishonest if he would decided to keep it.

I'm suprised that a guy with the high intelligence you claimed to have can have a problem with other peoples views on things. Surely you would be clever enough to realize that not everyone can/will or even have to think the way you do? ;)

Edit:
VegetaFH1 wrote:if u did do that to a player an can very likely see the other player swareing vengence on u for the rest of ur natural daoc life, but apart from that.. its insenceative...plus jus rubbing it in his/her face.
You cannot blame someone else for your own mistakes.

/Ankh

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

get him Ankh... go on kick his arse !...

hmm reckon thats incitement... :D

Dont think uve got much chance of getting it back tbh.. but ill ask the question...
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”